JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey all, just went to the range to shoot my 92a1 for the first time and the sights are off quite a bit. I was on the Beretta website and see there is a special tool for removing/adjusting the sights. Does anyone here have one or know what shop I could take it to to have it adjusted?
thanks for the input.

you can adjust yourself with brass punch and dead blow hammer.

any gunsmith can adjust your sight, but how you going to know how much it has to move.

maybe someone here is willing you rent you one.

Before you try drifting/adjusting the sights, you may want to shoot the gun from a rest or try some different ammunition.

why don't you contact Beretta and explain your problem. They might send you a prepaid postage to send the gun in for repair (they adjust sight and test fire).

Yes that will be plan 'b'. Awesomely enough the FFL I bought it from has stepped up and bought the tool to help me fix it! But if that doesn't work out then I will call Beretta.

That's a great idea. His name is Sergey and he owns Precise Shooter, amazing guy and great prices too. PreciseShooter

Anyways I went to his place last night, we tried the tool he had and it wasn't budging the sight at all. So he let me take the tool home, but I still couldn't get it to move over.

Next question where can I take my beretta to get a adjustable sight installed? Or does anyone have experience sending their guns to Novak to have a sight installed and sighted in? If you read on the beretta customer service site, it is less than stellar. They want 70 bucks just to look at it. Also I found out they don't even sight the guns in or test for accuracy on civilian models, somebody just slams a rear sight into the slide and sends it out the door. I guess only the Military pistols are tested for accuracy. Anyways looking for info. I live in greater puget sound area, so if anyone can recommend a local smith or somewhere to send it that'd be great.

Curious as to what sight tool the gunsmith bought?? Was it the MGW brand one or some other one?? Did you try putting some penetrating oil (Kroil) on the sight before trying to move it??

It was from sight pusher.com I can see where on the other guns it can be set up to work with would be fine but since the beretta has the ambi dexterous safety it is harder to clamp the slide properly. And the distance between safety and sight is minuscule.