JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I had a Beretta 92 a long time ago and the safety was on the frame like a 1911 or hi power. I was at a gun shop yesterday and I saw a new 92 and they moved the sefety up unto the slide, when did this happen?
It looks strange with that empty space where it used to be, and I hate slide mounted safeties.

Only the original first series 92 had a frame mounted safety. With the exception of some modern and rare varients all beretta 92 series pistols have had slide mounted safetys since 1976.

If it was a first series they are pretty rare. Only about 5000 made I think. They originally changed the design to the frame mounted decocker safety at the request of some law enforcement agencies. Then the design won the US military contract in '85 and the rest is history. Taurus makes a clone of the 92 with a frame mounted safety.

I own the Beretta M9 and I like that its ambidextrous, both Left and Right handed people can use it with the safety on both sides of the slide. Don't know if all handguns are like that, and considering Im Right Handed, doesn't make a huge difference to me, but its still a good feature.

+1 on the Taurus. I have aTaurus 917PT which is basically a compact version of the Model 92 which they also produce. When Taurus bought the Beretta plant in Brazil they re-designed and made several improvements to the Beretta design. I agree, the frame mount safety (ambidextrous) is much preferred.

+1 on the Taurus. I have aTaurus 917PT which is basically a compact version of the Model 92 which they also produce. When Taurus bought the Beretta plant in Brazil they re-designed and made several improvements to the Beretta design. I agree, the frame mount safety (ambidextrous) is much preferred.

The taurus 92 is a knockoff of a first generation beretta 92 (frame mounted saftey)they have yet to knockoff newer versions of the beretta 92 (slide mounted safety) because the patents have not yet expired

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top