JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Picked a Beretta 92FS...thought it included an extra D hammer spring...but it is the same length as the spring in the pistol...so either I have 2 standard springs or 2 D springs. Anyone able to measure a standard hammer spring and a D spring so I know which one (well 2) I actually have..I know the D is shorter..

Thanks!

Here are the two of them side by side. The video should start at the right spot. If it doesn't, go to 2:37.
Later in the video you can see that it makes the lanyard loop site lower too, until you pin it back in place of course.

Thanks but both of them are the same length....the side by side comparison does not really help.
Pop the slide, the grips and the lanyard loop pin (Hold onto the lanyard loop while you do that). Slowly release the lanyard loop until it's no longer under tension. Look at how far the lanyard loop sticks out. If it's the same length as in the video just after that mark I made, they are Ds. If it sticks out further, they are stock.

I don't have calipers at home but here is a picture. My 16# D spring is on top. Stock 20# on the bottom.

D spring length is 2-7/16
Stock length is 2-9/16

Hope this helps!

20160608_220203.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show