JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
So here's the deal.....I'm trying to get my disabled vet father to the range to shoot. He's been through a lot and isn't doing super great health-wise. Recoil is now an issue as is operating a slide. So.....he and I were talking last night and he mentioned he used to carry a 3032 years ago and he thinks he could still handle one, with the tip up barrel and low recoil and all. I am on a mission to get him out of his house and to the range for some much needed activity and am having a hard time finding one of these guys anywhere.....

If you have one, I'll pay up to $500 cash depending on condition. Must be the INOX as I've read they don't have the frame cracking issues nearly as often as the blued version.

Convo me if you have one you don't really use often.....it will go to a good cause. Trust me. :)

I don't have one, but I wanted to mention that I bought my 78 year old Dad a Sig Sauer P238 a couple years ago. His hands are weak from overworking them and could only manage to chamber the Kel-Tec P3AT (.380) if he clamped it into his vise first--Anyhow the Sig chambers very smoothly and takes very little strength. You can find the Sig for what you wanna pay.-- I tried him on my old Colt mustang first, but he couldn't chamber it either

Interesting idea. I appreciate the post. He's so shaky these days. I worry about him constantly. I just want to get him out of the damn house. All he does is sit there in his chair and I know that's not a good thing. Army vet, combat tour. I just want to get him to the range again.

Walther P22?

I got it for my mom to use after we decided the mouse gun tip up barrel thing was a lousy shooter for either she or I.

Even with arthritis in the hands she can load the mags and rack the slide. (The springs are stupid light, while still being very reliable - I still carry it as a lightweight CC)

I assume they are all the same but could be wrong. Has all the nifty back straps to customize it to your hand.

And they are cheap to buy and cheap to feed.

Hope this wasn't too far off topic but thought I'd share my experience with my ageing mother.

Hope you get him out to the range one way or the other;).

This afternoon there was a Beretta, inox 32 at associated buyers in Roseburg, I know that's a little far south of you, but figured I would mention it in case you can't find one closer

Browning makes a sweet, exact, 80% scale, 1911 in 22lr. It is super easy to rack, easy to handle and looks absolutely like a full-size 1911. They originally started making them as a 100th anniversary tribute to J.Browning's 1911 and were so well received that they just keep on making them. They also make them in 380.
They aren't cheaply made, the quality is excellent and can be found new for around $500 and used can be less(but not much less).
As a vet he may enjoy a 1911.

upload_2017-10-3_20-59-49.png

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.