JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So, my wife had an uncle pass late last year. He, evidently, bequeathed us a Pietta cap'n'ball revolver. The next time the Mrs (@TeacherSmurf) sees family, it shall be picked up. Any idea on what this is, exactly?

pietta.jpg

It kind of looks the copy of a Griswold & Gunnison I had back in the late 90s, but had to sell due to hard times.

Anywho, just curious. Once it is in our possession, I can add more pics. Thanks much.

Most .36 revolvers are actually .38 caliber , so a .375 round ball works well
Most .44 revolvers are actually .45 caliber , so a ,451-.454 round ball works well
( Cap and ball here , not modern revolvers )
Andy

Not sure as to caliber at the present. My father-in-law texted the Mrs about said and included the pic, but that was about it. The week after next she, and the potato-heads, will be with her family and will likely pick it up then. So, should know more then. Was just curious. Thanks, friends. :)

Well I hope you enjoy your new to you revolver...
And remember you got to go snake eyes to shoot well ...at least according to Jack Crabb...
Might be better off taking shooting advise from Josey Wales...LOL
Andy

So, my wife had an uncle pass late last year. He, evidently, bequeathed us a Pietta cap'n'ball revolver. The next time the Mrs (@TeacherSmurf) sees family, it shall be picked up. Any idea on what this is, exactly?

View attachment 596602

It kind of looks the copy of a Griswold & Gunnison I had back in the late 90s, but had to sell due to hard times.

Anywho, just curious. Once it is in our possession, I can add more pics. Thanks much.
It's hard to tell from the picture but could be a 44 .
Here is a picture of mine .
It is a 36 Cal your barrel looks bigger. Or it's just me I don't know.
There fun 15 to 20 minutes to load and six shots in a few seconds then another 20 minutes to load.
IMG_20190309_153835.jpg

It looks like an 1851 Confederate Navy in .44 Cal (not a historically accurate gun but a TON of fun to shoot.)

I have found that the .454 ball, #11 caps, 20 grains of Pyrodex, and a little Crisco work just great.

Safe Shooting!

Pietta Pizza...
Is that kinda like a spaghetti western ..?:D
Andy

I swear this diet I've been on has my spidey senses tuned in to food I can't have. I'm seeing things damn it!! :p

@CountryGent that guy looks like a fun way to send some lead downrange. I watched a guy at my range shoot a BP rifle and started wondering what one would look like in my safe. :)

Man yer takin' yer time!

The guy at my range loaded up some red tubes with powder. He poured them down the muzzle then loaded the ball I assume. Rammed it down and fired. Seemed to go fairly smoothly. I know virtually nothing about muzzle loaders but that cloud of smoke and the smell was intoxicating. :)

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top