JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Small personal experience here....

Years ago my doctor prescribed me with depression. I went on different medications. One of them was Prozac. Holy hell. It got so bad I remember telling my wife that we were going to just lock everything up and I didn't want the code. It was at that point I quit cold turkey. The withdraw symptoms were bad but not as bad as the side effects from taking that pill. The dreams were horrid, there were thoughts of odd stuff where a person has no mode of self preservation. Ideas of stepping out in front of a car is the most mild one I'll share. I remember being off them for a week when I went to see the doctor and he said to slowly ramp them down. Only time I've lied to the doc. I had already quit.

I'm so glad I got off that. Turns out I didn't have depression.

I had thyroid and testosterone issues. That fixed it for me after they were under control.

Point:
I've been there on meds. They make you crazy like a vengeful woman, if not way worse.

The medication was not the problem, the diagnosis was.
Makes no sense to treat your brain when the problem is in your neck and your nuttsack.

In order to fully debate this you must have a completely open mind with out the persuasion of what has come to be "Normal" in today's society.
And with that disclaimer many people may see my views as ridiculous or extreme but then again most of us are viewed as nuts already for being pro gun.

I have a loved one that has been working on a cognitive issue for several years now. The mainstream doctors were of no assistance other then their offer of anti depressants (That was a terrible experiment).
after exhausting her efforts of going through and working with the doctors in her area she decided to do her own research online through other holistic doctors. After three years of continued study on this issue and others she has discovered just how narrow most doctors field of education is.
A holistic doctor tries to use natural methods to heal the body by finding and fixing the root cause of a problem rather than treating the symptoms as with most medications on the market today.

I do believe that you can heal just about any ailment that may be afflicting you with a lifestyle change. Meaning most problems are rooted in our poor American diet, but that's not the end. When you get motivated to really look into what is in each product and how it affects or benefits your body you will see just how terrible modern American lifestyles are on your health.
So I do believe that many other conditions and ailments can be remedied and prevented with such changes. It is not as simple as taking a pill but my lifestyle also does not come with the lengthy warning label and other negative side effects causing the need for more medication. As Dyjital posted, imbalanced hormones can cause all sorts of problems and common doctors are not trained in nutrition to naturally fix this imbalance. There is no pill that will heal you, you have to find and treat the underlying problem.

And from what I see today medication is handed out with little worry of the side effects. My grandmother is on anti depressants simply because she lives in "Oregon and its rainy here a lot" her quote of what the doctor said.
I have much more to express but have already gone off topic quite a bit

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads