JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've been making occasional stops at Ben's for 20 years or more. I was upset when they quite stocking reloading equipment and supplies. They have good prices but I'm nervous when I go in there now. Last month I stopped in to window shop. They handed a 12 gauge pump to the guy next to me and he proceeded to show me how nice it was. He pointed it at my face! I immediately gave it a good hard forearm block. I wasn't happy and let him know. I think he about peed his pants. The guy behind the counter was oblivious.

I'm in there regularly. It is very hard to navigate the crowds, and, difficult to see what's for sale behind the counter (98% of the long guns). Most of the guys are good to talk to when you finally can. I like they will take trades without a big hassle.

I'd recommend they set aside a separate place to fill out paperwork. At the pace of sales, people filling out paperwork blocks the counter completely!

Ben's is the place I shopped at most when I lived up there, between 1996 & 2005 or so. It declined after Marty left but at least Terry was still around. Then I saw him there less and less. Is he gone now or still there?

Just a little while before I moved they started raising prices. Transfers went from $15 to 20 or 25. The woman that worked there didn't seem to have the same interests in firearms that I did and they seemed to be drifting away from black rifles. Is she still around and how is the black rifle stock? They did at least always have AKs and a few AR-15 accessories.

I'll have to venture up one day just to stop in and see how it is.

I Recently stopped in for the first time and purchased their remaining four boxes of factory reloaded .38 special at a price that was five bucks less than the next cheapest box.

I also found it was very crowded and tough to get to get to the counter.

I'll go back in the hope they are able to re-stock the factory re-loads and hope I can find a time of day that is less busy.

Ben's is the place I shopped at most when I lived up there, between 1996 & 2005 or so. It declined after Marty left but at least Terry was still around. Then I saw him there less and less. Is he gone now or still there?

Just a little while before I moved they started raising prices. Transfers went from $15 to 20 or 25. The woman that worked there didn't seem to have the same interests in firearms that I did and they seemed to be drifting away from black rifles. Is she still around and how is the black rifle stock? They did at least always have AKs and a few AR-15 accessories.

I'll have to venture up one day just to stop in and see how it is.

I drop by there on the weekends. Terry is still there. They are pretty good to deal with. It does take a while to get service though.

This is by far my favorite Seattle area gun store. I discovered it by accident this past winter - just happened to be driving by for no good reason (I was lost!). Good guys, good attitude, very good prices. They have items for real shooters - reloading supplies, everything. I wish it were bigger with even more stuff is my only complaint. Terry was a great guy. When I showed some interest in a few classic revolvers, he got very excited, brought out some personal guns of his he had recently purchased, and we talked guns forever. Great experience. The kind of place you open your wallet up for gladly.

I've been going in there for decades.
It's gone downhill. Mostly due to the greed factor. I do believe that when everything stabilizes they should be back on top again.

Terry is now at West Coast Armory.

Ben's has good prices, but it's so damn crowded. Sometimes I just want to buy some ammo or something and get the **** outta there, but it takes forever to get some help.

Terry is now at West Coast Armory.

Ben's has good prices, but it's so damn crowded. Sometimes I just want to buy some ammo or something and get the **** outta there, but it takes forever to get some help.

I heard Terry left.
good deals to be had at Ben's on occasion. I like stopping by there. They stock guns that are sometimes harder to come by (CZ lines, FN, etc.)

Was there about two weeks ago and bought a gun.

Since Tom has left the inventory seems to be lacking. I have never seen so many empty spaces where there are no guns. I know they sell a lot of guns but there was always plenty of back stock.

Overall great prices. Great ammo selection. And the service is average to great depending on who helps you.

Resource discussions are for general chit-chat. Use the buttons near the top to ask a question or write a review for this resource.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top