JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
20200604_081808.jpg

I dont think they are always listed as airgun scopes but are rated for airguns
its listed as an airgun scope.

I did some digging around shopping online, but randomly discovered that UTG has a page dedicated to airgun rated scopes... sealed the deal for me to pick a UTG. Most of the other brands that tempted me did not state from the mfg, even the ones listed on an airgun sight like Pyramid. My guess is most companies dont want to list as airgun rated cause they cant control what airguns their scopes will be put on, so I respect UTG for dedicating scopes to the design and marketing them as such.

I picked the 3x9 1" Hunter, with illuminated reticle. I picked it up on Amazon for under a hundred, should arrive next week.

In the mean time, I had a rat in my iron sights, but it wasn't a safe shot (no backstop). So I got him with a snap trap set overnight. there's one more to go...

I made this airgun bullet trap and did a couple of test shots with the crappy plastic open sights, was really surprised I was within 1" offhand at close range (garage). Not bad for how wobbly the rear sight is after a year of scoped use. I might play some more with the bullet trap and longer distances before the new scope arrives.

Nice airguns, what make model is the pistol?

The pistol is a Benjamin Marauder .22 cal. It's a PCP, or Precharged Pneumatic. You fill it with a high pressure pump that looks like a bicycle pump. About 2 pumps per shot and around 30 shots per fill. It shoots around 650-700 fps and about 14 fpe. It also has a shrouded barrel and is quiet.

That scope should work well for you. And just a tip. Springers shoot better with a light hold.

sigh, see what your doing here...
I realize that what I put in my current rifle new, and now with the new scope replacement.... for a few dollars more I coulda bought something like the Marauder. Which I am now drooling over.

first world problems, especially in these times.

I'll give a light hold a try.. been holding tight being used to real firearm recoil. I found something interesting out when I first got my air rifle, I used a led sled to sight the scope in, and discovered it had a very different POI from not using the sled. At the time, I did not know air rifles had a forward recoil... this POI difference baffled me for a long time, I gave up the sled because thats not how a rifle is used in real life and my zero held until the scope broke. Its the scope breaking in this thread that I learned why the POI difference... Im assuming is due to the initial forward recoil off the led sled resonates differently than designed. I sight in from prone now, then practice offhand with the homemade pellet trap.

I like the challenge of shooting springer airguns. Or gas piston in your case. I've been shooting them more than the PCP pistol. The cocking effort is good therapy for my shoulder.

Here's some good info on technique.

If you want to be consistent from shot to shot and make pretty little groupings, you must also learn how to properly hold a spring air gun. The object of this technique, known as the Artillery Hold, is to support the gun as gently as possible along the four points that contact your body. The spring air gun is not to be shouldered tightly like a shotgun or high-powered rifle. If you try, your accuracy will suffer and none of your shots will land in the same place twice. To obtain consistency from shot to shot, allow the gun to float between your shoulder, cheek, and two hands. Be conscious of your trigger pull… don't increase grip pressure as you squeeze the trigger and be aware of your cheek against the stock, keeping the contact point minimal and light. Finally, never close your fingers on the forearm. Leave your hand open and allow the gun to balance naturally in the hand. It should look something like this…

PROPER ARTILLERY HOLD
artillery-hold.jpg

I'll give that a try, the only problem with mine is the trigger is terribly heavy and long. Terribly. Its supposed to be adjustable, its not...

Arrived today, and really impressed out of the box. Of course after work, I could not resist a hasty sight in, in the rain.
I called it quits with 5 shots in a row on a 3/4" dots from 17yds prone... I might be a tad high/left I can adjust later.

(center left dot was the final sight in. )

0608202113_cropped.jpg

That looks nice.

And if you think the workbench looks a mess -- LOL -- I can see the wood top of your bench. I mean, compared to my shop, it looks like Martha Stewart runs yours.

I'm actually not fond of the "tacticool" silencer shroud, but damn the thing really is quiet.... Thats one of the things I looked for buying it. I normally prefer traditional wood stock long arms but figured, for an airgun get something different so here I am. The ergonomics of the stock is really nice actually.
And the illuminated reticle was so worth getting. Very nice scope so far. Hope it lasts...

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top