JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Researching trigger improvements for my C9 has me confused. I purchased this C9 new from a dealer some 20 years ago (more or less) and I am very happy with the power and accuracy. However the trigger has a lot of creep and is quite heavy, too. The confusing part is that mine is marked "Benjamin-Sheridan" and has a 9 digit serial number, all numbers, no letters. Looking at the serial number history on the Crosman site, none of the serial number sequences seem to match the serial number on my C9. The only serial numbers shown either have a letter preceding the number or there are only 6 digit numbers. Also I can find no reference to C9's having both Benjamin and Sheridan imprinted on the air tube. It's either "Benjamin" or "Sheridan", not both.

What I've been searching for is a "how to" improve the trigger....to lighten and remove all that creep.

Does anybody have an answer?

I was able to find a few answers to my questions. The first three numbers of my serial number indicate the month and year of manufacture. In this case, March 1995.

The lighten the trigger, I learned that there are two springs acting on the trigger/sear (one piece). One is named "trigger" spring and the other "sear" spring. I could imagine a reason for two springs and the sear spring seems to be an after-thought. I removed it and tested the gun. The spring I removed is circled in red on the drawing. All seems OK and the trigger is noticeable lighter.

Next, I removed the trigger and filed off the top of the sear to lessen the sear engagement. The engagement area is nicely polished, so I left it as is. This removed some of the creep, but still needs more removed. It would be easy to go too far, so I've contacted Crosman to see if replacment triggers are available......just in case.

partsexploded.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads