Welcome to Northwest Firearms
Join our community, sign up for free today!

Benelli vs Vepr

Shotgun

• Benelli

• Vepr

Results are only viewable after voting.

Delasangre4231

Reactions
So just looking for opinions and any glaring reasons to go one over the other. Looking at a Vepr 12, the tactical pistol grip version, not the thumbhole wood stock, vs a Benelli M3 semi auto.

Which would you choose and why?

The Vepr is cheaper, but I fear by the time i stockpile mags and add stock and forend and stuff ill be into it more. However said mags are a huge advantage.

Certaindeaf

Reactions
I've heard that the 12 ga box mag Saigas make the shells in the magazine kinda square if left in there for a while.. so I'd not have one a those "huge advantages".

Wombat of Doom

Reactions
I own a Vepr 12. I would recommend a modded ALG FCG and the bonesteel folding stock is solid. (I have an ALG trigger and bonesteel on both of my Veprs) I hear if you insert mags with the lrbho engaged, shells won't square off with the box mags. You would however, have to hit the cocking lever to chamber a shell that way. Mine will visibly square the first round in a month or so, with box magazine fully loaded on a closed bolt but it still chambered just fine. YMMV

Camelfilter

Reactions
Fellow member has a Tromix converted Saiga listed here now at a fair price. You should buy his & see how you like running it. Re-list it, if you find it is not a system that will work for you.

Have several M1 Super 90’s & really like them.

Had a Saiga - 12 (unconverted), which we liked, however wouldn’t cycle light loads.

Thinking that some modifications and a conversion would have helped with that, but didn’t want to spend the time doing so. So traded it off, with full disclosure to the other party.

thorborg

Reactions
As an old man, I can, and have, shot my Benelli Ethos all day long without a sore shoulder. Something I could not say with my Weatherby or Remington 870. It is noticeably better balanced than the Remington and lighter than both. And, I don't have to pump it!
Don't know Vepr.

NEW CLASSIFIED ADS

LATEST REVIEWS

• Liberty Safes of Oregon
    5.00 star(s)
    I bugged these guys for a while as I was on the fence as to what safe to buy. There are so many...
    • trekkerpaul
  • Copeland Custom Gunworks
    5.00 star(s)
    Tim is fantastic! He does great work and does it in a timely manner! He reblued a Colt slide for...
    • hker71
  • Aloha Surplus
    4.00 star(s)
    Its always fun to check out the surplus stuff they have. Some is reasonably priced, some not so...
    • trekkerpaul
  • Copeland Custom Gunworks
    5.00 star(s)
    I recently sent in a project gun to Mr. Copeland to slick up an action and thread the barrel...
    • CountryGent
  • All That Glitters - Milwaukie
    5.00 star(s)
    Whenever I am in the area, I like to drop in to see what they have. Not a super big store, but...
    • trekkerpaul

Staff online

• Kruel J
    Moderator of the Coriolis effect