JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Shotgun

• Benelli

• Vepr

Results are only viewable after voting.
Reactions
So just looking for opinions and any glaring reasons to go one over the other. Looking at a Vepr 12, the tactical pistol grip version, not the thumbhole wood stock, vs a Benelli M3 semi auto.

Which would you choose and why?

The Vepr is cheaper, but I fear by the time i stockpile mags and add stock and forend and stuff ill be into it more. However said mags are a huge advantage.

I've heard that the 12 ga box mag Saigas make the shells in the magazine kinda square if left in there for a while.. so I'd not have one a those "huge advantages".

I own a Vepr 12. I would recommend a modded ALG FCG and the bonesteel folding stock is solid. (I have an ALG trigger and bonesteel on both of my Veprs) I hear if you insert mags with the lrbho engaged, shells won't square off with the box mags. You would however, have to hit the cocking lever to chamber a shell that way. Mine will visibly square the first round in a month or so, with box magazine fully loaded on a closed bolt but it still chambered just fine. YMMV

Fellow member has a Tromix converted Saiga listed here now at a fair price. You should buy his & see how you like running it. Re-list it, if you find it is not a system that will work for you.

Have several M1 Super 90's & really like them.

Had a Saiga - 12 (unconverted), which we liked, however wouldn't cycle light loads.

Thinking that some modifications and a conversion would have helped with that, but didn't want to spend the time doing so. So traded it off, with full disclosure to the other party.

As an old man, I can, and have, shot my Benelli Ethos all day long without a sore shoulder. Something I could not say with my Weatherby or Remington 870. It is noticeably better balanced than the Remington and lighter than both. And, I don't have to pump it!
Don't know Vepr.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads