JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Well would putting on a collapsible stock on a Benelli M4 be a "no no"? Would this push the M4 into the NFA realm?

I know for some reason Benelli will not sell collapsible stock to civilians for "some reason", but I also see them pop up for sale on Gunbroker and they are never listed in the NFA section. So what gives?

My guess would be that there might be a regulation on changing the OAL of autoloaders. This is just a guess because I never see collapsable/folding stocks for autoloaders on civilian guns anymore. My other guess would be that benelli just wanted to have a "nice" civilian image, like FN with restricting the SS192 ammunition.

I know that I said that guess on another thread, but just putting my $.02 here

there might be a regulation

Well from "another board" someone posted "I thought if you added a collapsible stock you were in violation of the 922(r) import sporting clause and needed US compliance parts to get back in? Just like AKs."

But this person doesn't REALLY know for sure......I would like more than a guess! :D

Well another thought that I had was that you might be able to actually get one with a collapsible stock (if its not legally restricted), since it is only sold to LEOs, then it is available from LEO wholesalers, which some dealers can add to their LEO orders and sell to civilians (as long as it is not restricted). One example that comes to mind is the remington 700p.

As far as the 922(r) restriction, I have no clue if that applies. (since you can still get the benelli made extension tubes for the M4)

If it makes the gun less than 26" OAL it could be a problem... but it does not do that.. We are looking at buying a slew of M2 Tactical Entry Models and the Benelli GVT/LE is distributed by Beretta...(odd that both being from Italy and all) . and they are all out until after the first of the year. I will ask when I talk to them.

Civil and I already tried that. I think they are stricter than Benelli.
I'll have to find out from Benelli directly.

Were you able to speak with Benelli about the availability of the collapsible stocks for the M4's?

I'm also in the market for up to two of them......Prices on Gunbroker are shocking......But what prices for guns or ammo aren't these days.

Easy answer.

Violation of 922(r) for "sporting purpose" for imported guns. This is why it's only 4+1 capacity and no collapsible stock. If you want these things you need a bunch of USA made compliance parts to make it legal under 922(r).

To the original poster...if you want to go NFA (which might be cheaper), NFA firearms are not considered "sporting" and thus do not need to meet the number of USA compliance parts for 922(r).

I don't know enough about the specifics of the M4 to know how many USA parts you need, but I'm sure there's some postings around that will detail what's needed.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top