Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Bend COSSA public range

Discussion in 'Outdoor Shooting Areas' started by shelt, Mar 17, 2010.

1. shelt

shelt Bend Member

Anyone know if the COSSA Public range east of Bend is accessible by car? I don't have a truck and my car doesn't like off-road driving much. Hoping to make it out there today or tomorrow but I don't want to waste the time driving if I am just going to have to turn around and come back.

Thanks!

2. OFARICK

OFARICK Brownsville, Ore New Member

The road is in good repair you should have no problem by car. Enjoy your shoot'n

3. shelt

shelt Bend Member

Thanks! Do you happen to know if there are any signs or anything that makes it easy to spot?

4. MountainBear

MountainBear Sweet Home, OR Well-Known Member

Its a small brown sign along the road. The road cuts off to the left and is cinder. It you hit Millican you went too far. Its not difficult to find. The entrance to the COSSA private range is first, just drive past it and you'll come to the public range.

5. shelt

shelt Bend Member

okay, last question. Do you know if there are paper stands out there or should I pick up a metal target?

6. OFARICK

OFARICK Brownsville, Ore New Member

I haven't been there for a couple of years, but I would bring my own stuff. I do not recall any target stands. It is best to have you own than get out there and have nothing.

7. dolooper

dolooper Coast Range, or thereabouts Well-Known Member

We were out there yesterday and today. Excellent place. There are target stands set up at 15 (maybe 10?), 50, and 100 yards. No range officer, but everyone we saw had great range safety/communication. It was my wife's first real time with a gun and she's got some mad natural skills. She puts 'em on paper every time from fifty with iron sights and absolutely loves it!

8. mpmax

mpmax Woodburn Active Member

I found this place by accident last summer and spent 3 days camping up the hill from it with my son shooting up almost 5k 22lr. Great place, it was "cleaned" every morning. I'm planning a trip next summer.