JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So, a few years ago I acquired a set of Benchmade steak knives at a charity auction in Oregon City ( and sat at the same table with the CEO and CFO of Benchmade).

I stuck the set in a closet and pretty much forgot about them until I unearthed them again while moving a couple weeks ago.

I've never used them because I thought they were just too nice for everyday use.

I'm debating whether to get rid of them or just keep them.

Anyone have any idea on how common these are, and what their approximate value might be?

Any help would be appreciated.

C4BF889F-4631-4A08-B45A-94F0B8C95543.jpeg 8D09D59F-A6AC-495D-B807-D798C1714437.jpeg C7A7C714-B20F-4C90-BE09-E04BE6113110.jpeg EA1E0CEA-BAB3-4B6F-9FF8-036C39B7A652.jpeg 66074214-8408-4FD3-9B38-A8877BEE07D4.jpeg

Can't say current used pricing. I bought the Benchmade kitchen knife set as a gift to my mom, same look as yours except small - med - large. Retail was $500 for the 3 knifes but you could find it for mid $300 range. Well, she came and went and I got them back. (2 of the 3, another relative grabbed the middle one and it disappeared). They scratch easy and you are not suppose to dishwasher them, plus the wood need to be oiled on occasion.

Due to their anti-gun stance, I'm done with Benchmade. If I were you I would sell them and buy a set of Gerber Miming knives -the stainless jobs from the 60s-70's that come in awesome walnut boxes off ebay. Those Benchmades should still fetch a pretty penny, and the Gerber Miming product is a better knife -holds up better, and one that you can toss in the dishwasher as well. A set of Gerbers on Ebay can be had for much less $$.

I love pulling out our set when we have guests over, it's like 12 of them, and they are surgical sharp. The set I have also has a carving knife and carving fork in the same style. Something like this pic I borrowed off the new below:

s-l300.jpg

EDIT: Went and looked at the set. It was the set of 8, and I bought 2 extras. The Benchmades are American style, very thickmetal. The Gerbers are more like the Japanese style where it's a thin blade all the way. Very easy to sharpen on diamond, despite appearing to be harder stainless than the Benchmades. The Gerbers remind me of scalpels, but cut a steak very well.

Last Edited:
Can't say current used pricing. I bought the Benchmade kitchen knife set as a gift to my mom, same look as yours except small - med - large. Retail was $500 for the 3 knifes but you could find it for mid $300 range. Well, she came and went and I got them back. (2 of the 3, another relative grabbed the middle one and it disappeared). They scratch easy and you are not suppose to dishwasher them, plus the wood need to be oiled on occasion.

Due to their anti-gun stance, I'm done with Benchmade. If I were you I would sell them and buy a set of Gerber Miming knives -the stainless jobs from the 60s-70's that come in awesome walnut boxes off ebay. Those Benchmades should still fetch a pretty penny, and the Gerber Miming product is a better knife -holds up better, and one that you can toss in the dishwasher as well. A set of Gerbers on Ebay can be had for much less $$.

I love pulling out our set when we have guests over, it's like 12 of them, and they are surgical sharp. The set I have also has a carving knife and carving fork in the same style. Something like this pic I borrowed off the new below:

View attachment 726872
Thanks for the input!

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews