JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I custom ordered my belt from Tracker leather in Sisters Oregon. Ed did a great job with it but it wasn't cheap $130. I have been using it for three years, taken it to **** and back, and it is still holding up great. My recommendation is to get a double stitched saddle leather belt as they don't "fold over" with extended use.

A quality belt, is the important foundation for a good carry rig....don't skimp too much.

They should run from about 80-90.00 on up.

Like Taurus 617 CCW said, they should be double thick with good stitching.

This is my rig...it does me well.

carryrig1.jpg

Ted Blocker Leather In Tigard ... Really like his belts and you can walk in and buy Belts off the shelf usually. Not sure if he offers detail stitching or not as I just buy plain models. I have a few and the 1.5" are a little smaller than 1.5" and look really good while still providing the support of a double thickness heavy stitched belt.

I'm not sure if they are still in business BUT Ben Nelson Leather in Scio, Or. used to make the best leather goods in the northwest. Used to carry all their stuff on and off duty back in the 80's when I worked in Clackamas County.

I have a heavy DBU nylon belt from the BX that a friend bought and gave me. It works well also but not as nice looking as a leather one. But, at $18 it's much cheaper too.

Hey, I'm using a $15 black leather belt that I got from Fred Meyers. It's 1.5" wide, and seems to have held up pretty well since I got it a year or so ago.

Is there some hidden benefit to a fancy $100 one that I don't know about?

Hey, I'm using a $15 black leather belt that I got from Fred Meyers. It's 1.5" wide, and seems to have held up pretty well since I got it a year or so ago.

Is there some hidden benefit to a fancy $100 one that I don't know about?

Most good leather carry belts will be made up of two strips of good cow or horse hide stitched together for more support than a single layer belt. Bring your carry gun and holster over to Blocker. I'm sure they would let you try one on and I think you will feel the benefit right away. Blocker, Beltman, Animal Jack, CrossBreed, all have pretty good belts in the 60.00-70.00 range.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top