Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  2. We're giving away over $1,000 in prizes this month in the Northwest Firearms Winter Giveaway!
    Dismiss Notice

Belt clips

Discussion in 'Handgun Discussion' started by cyclesarge, Sep 19, 2010.

1. cyclesarge

cyclesarge Eugene OR, DUH! We're ALL in the NORTHWEST Well-Known Member

Who here uses a belt clip on their pocket pistol (LCP, P3AT, etc)? To me it just seems like a bad idea (think Plaxico Burress) to put a loaded gun in your pants with nothing to protect the trigger. Am I missing something here?

2. twoclones

twoclones Tri-Cities, WA Well-Known Member

Thinking strictly about the LCP,,, it's a double action only with a long trigger pull. Accidental discharge would be highly unlikely.

3. M.Link

M.Link Guest

I've carried a friends P3AT with a belt clip and Crimson Trace laser on it, clipped to the inside of my waistband in the front, it was real easy to carry. I wasn't to worried about something getting inside my pants and moving the trigger...

4. cyclesarge

cyclesarge Eugene OR, DUH! We're ALL in the NORTHWEST Well-Known Member

Highly unlikely and extremely painful. When a holster would be so small is the risk worth the size/cost difference?

5. twoclones

twoclones Tri-Cities, WA Well-Known Member

Might be worth the risk for you but not for me. LOL I do think I'd be happy to use the clip in a concealment vest. Thinner is much better in that type of carry.

6. YFZsandrider

YFZsandrider Tacoma, Wa Member

I definitely wouldn't be carrying it in the front.... I got important stuff there! :(

...of course, its only .380 ... propably would make a dent!

7. elsullo

elsullo Portland Oregon New Member

I tried a "Clipdraw" belt clip on a medium sized auto pistol for a while, and did not like it. I found that with activity the gun would shift around and come unhooked from the belt. I AM a fat guy and my extra flesh pushed upon the pistol in any direction, so maybe a skinny person would not have such an issue with a belt clip as I did.......................elsullo :p

8. sprice37

sprice37 Albany Oregon Active Member

Just get a supertuck and carry a fullsize at all times. :robot: