Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Belt clips

Discussion in 'Handgun Discussion' started by cyclesarge, Sep 19, 2010.

1. cyclesarge

cyclesarge Eugene OR, DUH! We're ALL in the NORTHWEST Well-Known Member

Who here uses a belt clip on their pocket pistol (LCP, P3AT, etc)? To me it just seems like a bad idea (think Plaxico Burress) to put a loaded gun in your pants with nothing to protect the trigger. Am I missing something here?

2. twoclones

twoclones Tri-Cities, WA Well-Known Member

Thinking strictly about the LCP,,, it's a double action only with a long trigger pull. Accidental discharge would be highly unlikely.

3. M.Link

M.Link Guest

I've carried a friends P3AT with a belt clip and Crimson Trace laser on it, clipped to the inside of my waistband in the front, it was real easy to carry. I wasn't to worried about something getting inside my pants and moving the trigger...

4. cyclesarge

cyclesarge Eugene OR, DUH! We're ALL in the NORTHWEST Well-Known Member

Highly unlikely and extremely painful. When a holster would be so small is the risk worth the size/cost difference?

5. twoclones

twoclones Tri-Cities, WA Well-Known Member

Might be worth the risk for you but not for me. LOL I do think I'd be happy to use the clip in a concealment vest. Thinner is much better in that type of carry.

6. YFZsandrider

YFZsandrider Tacoma, Wa Member

I definitely wouldn't be carrying it in the front.... I got important stuff there! :(

...of course, its only .380 ... propably would make a dent!

7. elsullo

elsullo Portland Oregon New Member

I tried a "Clipdraw" belt clip on a medium sized auto pistol for a while, and did not like it. I found that with activity the gun would shift around and come unhooked from the belt. I AM a fat guy and my extra flesh pushed upon the pistol in any direction, so maybe a skinny person would not have such an issue with a belt clip as I did.......................elsullo :p

8. sprice37

sprice37 Albany Oregon Active Member

Just get a supertuck and carry a fullsize at all times. :robot: