JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
This'll warm the cockles of your heart on Thanksgiving eve

Bellingham boy’s defense of mom with BB gun a genuine hero tale

A story that should streak across the internet but for one key fact – it involved the defensive use of a gun, in this case a BB gun – is the kind of stuff that legends are made from, and so are little heroes.

<broken link removed>

newman.jpg

Hmm, I thought he would of looked a little more pocked marked.

Good on the kiddo, protectin' mommy like that. Makes me wonder though, did she do the due diligence and background check this guy before letting him in her home with access to her son? Or is this just a case of white trash on white trash violence, which I not only condone, but fully support with services offered.

Poorly written piece, very unprofessional-like, which takes a lot of salt from the validity of the story, leading me to believe it is just that... nothing but a tale. However, be it true or not, it gives little weight to firearms support, as bb-guns are little more than toys and nothing comparable to adult "weapons".

That all said, if such was truly the case, that's one brave young boy.
Let's see your journalism degree.
The story is factual.
The youngster is indeed a very brave fellow.

Poorly written piece, very unprofessional-like, which takes a lot of salt from the validity of the story, leading me to believe it is just that... nothing but a tale. However, be it true or not, it gives little weight to firearms support, as bb-guns are little more than toys and nothing comparable to adult "weapons".

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

damn Debbie Downer. who took a crap in your cereal this morning?

Very poor judgment, arrogant attitude with a hint of napoleon complex.

Very poor judgment, arrogant attitude with a hint of napoleon complex.

Just saying, if the kid had used a real gun, the mother would've been chastised and probably charged with something for having a loaded gun around that the boy could so easily get ahold of and use. So tell me how that helps the cause.

Just saying, if the kid had used a real gun, the mother would've been chastised and probably charged with something for having a loaded gun around that the boy could so easily get ahold of and use. So tell me how that helps the cause.

Since you are obviously not familiar with WA statute on self-defense and the lack of a safe storage law, I'll merely say that the mother would not have been chastised, nor would she have been charged with anything. That the Bellingham cop spokesman had to toss in that gratuitous remark is pure cr@p.

It helps the cause, if one must help the cause, by demonstrating that kids and guns, even BB guns, are not always bad, and that allowing a kid to have a BB gun is not a bad thing.
This kid deterred a scumbag trying to hurt his mother, and he used a BB gun...the only gun he had. There is nothing wrong with that and a lot right.

Let's see your journalism degree.
The story is factual.
The youngster is indeed a very brave fellow.

Yeah, I'll admit, had I noticed that the article was written by a "firearms journalist", I'd have understood the obvious bias and not bothered with the comment. Though my opinion of it, purely as a piece of supposed journaliam, stands.

My understanding of journalism is much like that of law, with a purpose of remaining objective and merely stating facts. So to me this is more of a blog entry, but perhaps that's just me. Another reason I don't bother with the news anymore. Ignore me... I retract the statement as its now been rendered invalid itself.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top