JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Ad Type
  1. For Sale
  2. For Trade
Price
$00
Manufacturer
Browning
Caliber
30-06 Springfield
City
Lebanon
State
Oregon
Has the salt finish issue so could use refinishing. No rust, bluing fine. Has been in safe for 15 years or so not used much at all. My Father purchased new in 63 or so I believe. Will sell Rifle only Best offer at or near $550...add $200 with scope(Leupold 3x9 VXII ) and Redfield rings go with rifle. Will trade for semi auto 12 ga , mountain/lightweight rifle, Varmint AR, Glock9mm, other cc handgun...thanks

brn06a.jpg brn06b.jpg brn06c.jpg brn06d.jpg

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
Last Edited:
I was told salt damage was on many of this production year stocks. Metal/bluing is near perfect

The salt doesn't damage the stock, it leaches out of the wood, causing corrosion on the metal. If I were a betting man, I'd say this wasn't a saltwood gun. Salt woods guns started in 1965 by most accounts.

Thanks for the info...dont know a lot about these but gun dealers have told me of some of the issues. My Father was more of a collector than hunter, so this has been fired very little but stock does have issues in this one spot....been in the safe a lot of years..

everything I saw on those suggested what 284 was saying most were post 64. I had one of the same year as yours I believe in 264 win mag that was pre salt wood. never heard of the finish of the stock fading always that it damaged the barrel and action on the underside where the stock touched them. beautiful gun best of luck with your sale!

The salt doesn't damage the stock, it leaches out of the wood, causing corrosion on the metal. If I were a betting man, I'd say this wasn't a saltwood gun. Salt woods guns started in 1965 by most accounts.
Weatherby had the same problem with their wood! I was in their store in Southgate, Ca. where he had German smiths working in the back room bubbleguming about the wood. His answer was "it's wood isn't it?" "Make stocks out of it" Guess they did?

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.