Low Price Guns
J&B Firearm Sales
Sporting Systems
Oregon Arms & Ammunition
Advertise on Northwest Firearms
Buster Beaver Cerakote
Gun Deals
Welcome to Northwest Firearms
Join our community, sign up for free today!

Belgium Browning Safari grade 30.06 w Leupold VX2-3x9

Reactions
Ad Type
For Sale
Price
$750
Manufacturer
Browning
Caliber
30-06 Springfield
City
Lebanon
State
Oregon
Has the salt finish issue so could use refinishing. No rust, bluing fine. Has been in safe for 15 years or so not used much at all. My Father purchased new in 63 or so I believe. Will sell Rifle only Best offer at or near $750...add $200 with scope(Leupold 3x9 VXII with Butler Creek flip ups).... Redfield rings go with rifle. I am no expert on these values so will be somewhat negotiable on price. Thanks
brn06a.jpg
brn06b.jpg
brn06c.jpg
brn06d.jpg

Rules & Terms
I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
Last edited:
OP
johnboy
Reactions
I was told salt damage was on many of this production year stocks. Metal/bluing is near perfect

OP
johnboy
Reactions
Thanks for the info...dont know a lot about these but gun dealers have told me of some of the issues. My Father was more of a collector than hunter, so this has been fired very little but stock does have issues in this one spot....been in the safe a lot of years..

Reactions
everything I saw on those suggested what 284 was saying most were post 64. I had one of the same year as yours I believe in 264 win mag that was pre salt wood. never heard of the finish of the stock fading always that it damaged the barrel and action on the underside where the stock touched them. beautiful gun best of luck with your sale!

Reactions
The salt doesn’t damage the stock, it leaches out of the wood, causing corrosion on the metal. If I were a betting man, I’d say this wasn’t a saltwood gun. Salt woods guns started in 1965 by most accounts.
Weatherby had the same problem with their wood! I was in their store in Southgate, Ca. where he had German smiths working in the back room bubbleguming about the wood. His answer was "it's wood isn't it?" "Make stocks out of it" Guess they did?

LATEST REVIEWS

• Supporting Vendor Copeland Custom Gunworks
    5.00 star(s)
    I had a second gunsmithing job completed by Mr. Copeland. As with the first, he did amazingly good work, communication was solid, and the rates...
    • CountryGent
    5.00 star(s)
    I brought Tim a henry goldenboy youth and a vision of what I wanted. Tim made it come true at a very reasonable price, while others quoted me way...
    • Iceman04503
    5.00 star(s)
    Tim, has done several projects including a sweet 1911 .38 super project
    • Qochoc
  • Mary's Pistols
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic small business with equally excellent folks running the place. I was given fair value for a trade in and was able to order something I...
    • Red98422
  • Gooseneck Road
    4.00 star(s)
    Very popular service road with some unmarked logging roads that branch off of the main. Relatively cleaned up from what we saw. I just wish that...
    • Benzdriver81

SUPPORT NORTHWEST FIREARMS