JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'd like to think that the bystander who stayed with downed officer got himself some Basic First Aid education after this event..

Maybe simple ability to use Pressure to stem blood flow, elevation of legs for shock and when CPR is needed..

This demonstrates the main reason I never choose to Carry Mace or any other "non-lethal" device. Today while I no longer carry a Badge I still don't carry any of the so called "non-lethal" devices. If I get into a position where a Firearm maybe needed I want it to be my ONLY option. That Officer would have been much better off if he had been in that position.

This demonstrates the main reason I never choose to Carry Mace or any other "non-lethal" device. Today while I no longer carry a Badge I still don't carry any of the so called "non-lethal" devices. If I get into a position where a Firearm maybe needed I want it to be my ONLY option. That Officer would have been much better off if he had been in that position.
Except if the guy pulled his fist, or a bottle, or ANYTHING other than a gun the front page news would be screaming "COP SHOOTS UN ARMED BLACK MAN". The "news" would never show or tell what lead up to this. The main error I see on the part of the Cop is he waited way too long to use force. When the turd refused to show the other hand he should have used the Taser. As mentioned he should also have been ready with gun for that other hand to show. I suspect the Cop learned a good lesson.

these stories when a cop is shot or killed get one story, then maybe a year or whatever later another story like this saying the bad guy was found guilty. thats it.
But if the cop had shot him first we would have heard about it 100 times in the media and the local community would have been burned down by protesters.

66 officers a year. Remember that.

My personal policy is to use whatever tool matches the unknown. In the video, the unknown in my mind was worthy of drawing my gun.

This is what I was waiting to hear from an informed source. His hand in the pocket with multiple refusals to comply clearly took it to lethal level. I would think there would be some kind of protocol guideline on that, and glad you have the ability to make the decision on the unknown.

Came across this on Facebook.

IMG_1566.jpg

IMG_1565.JPG

No, that is exactly the standard we are held to to use deadly force as well. They have more leeway in presenting a firearm to gain compliance but for pulling the trigger for cops or non cops alike tge standard is the same - fear of immenent serious bodily harm or death. Cops cannot shoot for less. That is the legal standard.

Law enforcement has something none of us have, "I thought my life was in danger".

Police officers should all just stay home for a few days. Sure, we'd probably lose a few good people and several Subways, but we'd get this entire mess straightened out pretty quick. Within 48 hours the nation would be screaming for them to come back. :rolleyes:

Police officers should all just stay home for a few days. Sure, we'd probably lose a few good people and several Subways, but we'd get this entire mess straightened out pretty quick. Within 48 hours the nation would be screaming for them to come back. :rolleyes:

Hm. Can we take that a step further and make The Purge a real thing. Just once. For giggles. If we don't like it we don't have to do it again...:D:rolleyes::cool:

I wouldn't be as scared of being shot, as much as being paid crap money to be a cop.
With that said, I've done 2 ride alongside in the last month and I half and it was awesome!!!
This last one was a prostitution sting on the johns. We grabbed 5 in 2.5 hours.
It was so much fun!

Still crap money though!
They don't make crap money, and they do better, with a fraction of the education, than many who hold PhDs. No one held a gun to their heads and forced them to become cops. They made that choice. Tell it to the Marines.

They don't make crap money, and they do better, with a fraction of the education, than many who hold PhDs. No one held a gun to their heads and forced them to become cops. They made that choice. Tell it to the Marines.
Over here they start out at like $13.00 an hour. My good friend has a bachelor degree, he's the Sargent, on street crimes, an d,ages about $55,000 a year. Been there 12 years. Risks death and maham for that? That's not phd money my friend.

I don't deny that it is a difficult job, and when they go after real animals; rapists, robbers, wife beaters, murderers, thieves etc., the tax expense that they incur is almost worth it. But I have always seen the enforcement of our country's drug policies as a huge waste of tax dollars and an unnecessary endangerment to LEO personnel.
If weak willed people want to fry their brains on drugs, so long as they aren't raping murdering and doing all the previously mentioned, then leave them the hell alone until they do. Lift the prohibition and you remove the black market profit element. Prices drop, and the motive to commit crime in order to obtain (now legal drugs) lessens.

Instead of bogging down the jails with a bunch of tweekers who haven't done anything illegal beyond possessing and using, focus on the bigger fish, ie. the rapists, the robbers, the murderers etc.

Sure it's an ugly job, but so was serving in the military. And we weren't spending 90% of our encounters rolling up tweekers and crackheads with screwdrivers and hand guns, but rather well trained enemies with automatic rifles and explosives. And we did it for a fraction of the pay, and never cried about it; so don't give me any sh*# about walking in their shoes. I grew up in one of the meanest cities in the country, walked the streets, went to school, right past all the profitable prohibition commerce, during the height of the (phony) war on drugs. I didn't have a gun, or a vest, or a car, or a well equipped gang to back me up at the push of a radio button, and if anything did happen to me, the only thing LE would have been able to do is call someone else to scoop me up off the street, and maybe... just MAYBE find whoever did it. I'd definitely feel safer as a cop than just plain old unarmed "Joe" citizen, just as I felt a lot safer as a uniformed combatant than I would have as a civilian in some of the country's I helped wreck.

Sure, its a sh*tt# job... that pays better than any other Sh*tt# job that I can think of, and the perks aren't bad. I grew up around cops and was mentored by one (narcotics detective Los Angeles County Sheriffs heavy offenders bureau), and he was the one who told me that in the bigger scheme of things, the LE community's unquestioning enforcement of certain policies only serves to further tear this country apart, just as our brothers' and sisters' faithful military service only continues to make wealthy people more powerful while making more and more people over seas hate us.

Are the cops or the service members to blame? Depends on how high of a pay grade they hold, which is the real deciding factor in whether they are high up enough to know better yet still grow fat off of the tax payer gravy train, rather than blindly and faithfully obey like all the grunts who are just not quite perceptive enough to see the bigger picture.

Ok , feel free to rip me to shreds.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads