JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This kind of rhetoric is disgusting. You're laying the blame for police getting killed on President Obama (really clever misuse of his name there, by the way), which has virtually no demonstrable impact on police attacks.

Stop trying to put all the responsibility on our ex-president. Ascribe blame where it belongs... which is not easily done, since violent attacks, crime, and reactions to police in general are affected by a vast array of forces. Poor upbringing, lack of personal responsibility, entitlement... this is where I'd start looking.

I guess we will agree to disagree then. The former President managed to bring the vast majority of police-involved shootings into the national media by questioning the police response in seemingly every situation, while never assigning, or even questioning, responsibility to the offender. He managed to set the tone and inflame the media-driven masses to vilify the LEO in each case.

To be honest, the root cause of the offender's deviant behavior is for the sociologists to determine and attempt to correct, which is unfortunately a slow process. In the meantime, LEOs have to deal with them right now. I general, they respond to a call involving people they have never met in an environment that is often the violators choosing.

There is no benefit of hindsight or endless playback/analysis, just dealing with the here and now at full speed. And unfortunately, the former president has set the tone. And if you don't believe that after every national news story questioning LEO decisions, it hasn't caused a doubt and delay in every officer's decision making process, you are kidding yourself. That delay can be deadly.

A video has been released of an officer shooting in South Carolina. The officer responded to a suspicious subject report, and when the man did not comply with his orders, he pulled out his taser. However, just as he was about to tase the man, the suspect pulled out a handgun, and shot the officer 4 times. Fortunately, the officer survived his gunshot wounds.

I think that this incident illustrates a drawback to the use of tasers. For what if you then discover that the suspect is armed with a firearm?

Did the officer make a mistake in drawing his taser, instead of his handgun? This must be a common dilemma that officer must face. When to pull out your taser, and when to instead bring out your handgun.

The suspect was eventually apprehended, and has now been sentenced to 35 years in prison for attempted murder. Here is an extremely dramatic video of the incident, and its aftermath.

The former President managed to bring the vast majority of police-involved shootings into the national media by questioning the police response in seemingly every situation, while never assigning, or even questioning, responsibility to the offender. He managed to set the tone and inflame the media-driven masses to vilify the LEO in each case.

Former Potus Obummer cheery picked only the white cop vs black villain shootings and then made off color comments to the media about it:mad: This was the impetus of the Black Lives Matters movement ( another name for the same Ol Gang of black thugs AKA Black Panthers) that then snow balled down the hill to further inflame the nation. Then you get Al Sharpton and his ilk espousing their "Oppressed black man" speech and we are now where we are today! Now, a true leader would take the time to speak compassiond words to ALL, emploring calm , but instead Obummer went golfing and then called the leaders of the BLM party to the White House for dinner and a movie!!! What a P.O.S. Former Potus Obummer was:mad::mad::mad:

Our department policy is the taser must be drawn and used with the support hand, for scenarios like this. Easy to retain or ditch and bring your pistol to the fight. Theoretically.

Must not be this department's policy, as he is definitely using his right hand to deploy the taser.

With no weapon visible or reported, was the taser the right choice to bring out? Or should the fact that he refused to take his hand out of his jacket pocket have been enough of a red flag to bring out a handgun instead?

Police officers definitely have extremely difficult choices to make.

Must not be this department's policy, as he is definitely using his right hand to deploy the taser.

With no weapon visible or reported, was the taser the right choice to bring out? Or should the fact that he refused to take his hand out of his jacket pocket have been enough of a red flag to bring out a handgun instead?

Police officers definitely have extremely difficult choices to make.

My personal policy is to use whatever tool matches the unknown. In the video, the unknown in my mind was worthy of drawing my gun.

Waiting for black lives matter to hold a rally about this black guy trying to kill another (looks like) black guy IMG_4638.PNG

Law enforcement has something none of us have, "I thought my life was in danger".
And I'm glad they do. In Portland there's under a thousand cops for the entire population. They are vastly outnumbered, second guessed and over worked. Several of my neighbors are Portland cops. From the things they tell me that they deal with and are expected from them, I don't think they pay them enough.
I would like to see some of these sniveling anti cop trolls walk a mile in their shoes. At the very least, do a ride along.

And I'm glad they do. In Portland there's under a thousand cops for the entire population. They are vastly outnumbered, second guessed and over worked. Several of my neighbors are Portland cops. From the things they tell me that they deal with and are expected from them, I don't think they pay them enough.
I would like to see some of these sniveling anti cop trolls walk a mile in their shoes. At the very least, do a ride along.
Some will be incorrigible, but others it'd be eye-opening... in my EP days, my Principal and I argued pretty regularly about things I did to keep her safe until we went through an exercise where she and I traded places for a day. After that... well, after that not only did the misunderstandings and arguments go down but the job got to being downright fun. (Getting a girlfriend out of it, while a professional mistake, was a nice bonus too... :D )

The protesters can tell you how many times cops have shot a black man each year but don't have a clue how many cops have been shot or killed in the line of duty each year.
I can tell you... 28 already this year, 66 officers were killed in the line of duty last year but you don't see running stories about these in the media.
They dont pay cops well enough at all.

UCR Publications

Can anyone link me to more body cam videos of other suspects shooting a LEO?
I can only seem to find LEO body cam videos of LEO shooting suspects.

I believe my tax dollars going to LEO and military support are worth my expense. Thank you for your service!

^^^ Isn't this the truth. I won't second guess this officers actions, he most likely operated as he has been trained to. Lord knows they have a difficult job to do in a society that has lost its values and morals. A society that, at least a segment of, believes it's okay to commit violence against police officers.

I pray this officer fully recovers, or has fully recovered. And I pray his assailant never enjoys another moment of freedom...

Well God bless that passerby. Seemed like a cool customer and nice guy.
I wonder if I'da unlimbered a long gun from that cruiser and placed it on the seat were that not a free state and I found myself similarly helping. crossed my mind

I pray this officer fully recovers, or has fully recovered. And I pray his assailant never enjoys another moment of freedom...

This shooting actually happened some time ago. Thankfully, the officer has indeed made a full recovery. The case was in the news this week because it just went to trial recently, and a jury found the assailant guilty of attempted murder on Friday. The would-be killer is 29 years old currently, and his 35 year sentence has no possibility of parole. So if he lives to be 64, he will become eligible to leave prison then, as an old man.

During the trial a doctor testified that he has seen other individuals die from a similar neck wound, that severed the same vein that this officer had ruptured by the gunshot. The doctor also testified that if the bullet had struck only a half inch over, and had severed a nearby crucial artery instead, that it would have been impossible for the officer to have survived.

It turns out that the shooter fired a total of 8 rounds at police officer Quincy Smith. There were four shots initially, then two more shots as the officer was on the ground, and then 2 more were fired at him as the officer turned and ran away. It turns out that the officer suffered broken bones in each of his arms, which explains why he never drew his own gun to return fire. Both of his arms were crippled at that point.

Here is an equally powerful and dramatic courtroom video below, showing Thursday's summation of the evidence against the defendant, being presented by the prosecutor to the jury. The prosecutor's arguments could not have been more compelling. Just hearing this short summation of the evidence would have been more than enough for me to have voted guilty as a juror.

Take a look:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top