JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Average persons reaction time is around 1.5 seconds. Given today's anti-police environment thanks to Obummer, many officers are even more hesitant and, unfortunately, that hesitation can be fatally costly.

Action will always be faster than reaction.

Average persons reaction time is around 1.5 seconds. Given today's anti-police environment thanks to Obummer, many officers are even more hesitant and, unfortunately, that hesitation can be fatally costly.

Action will always be faster than reaction.
This kind of rhetoric is disgusting. You're laying the blame for police getting killed on President Obama (really clever misuse of his name there, by the way), which has virtually no demonstrable impact on police attacks.

Stop trying to put all the responsibility on our ex-president. Ascribe blame where it belongs... which is not easily done, since violent attacks, crime, and reactions to police in general are affected by a vast array of forces. Poor upbringing, lack of personal responsibility, entitlement... this is where I'd start looking.

This kind of rhetoric is disgusting. You're laying the blame for police getting killed on President Obama (really clever misuse of his name there, by the way), which has virtually no demonstrable impact on police attacks.

Stop trying to put all the responsibility on our ex-president. Ascribe blame where it belongs... which is not easily done, since violent attacks, crime, and reactions to police in general are affected by a vast array of forces. Poor upbringing, lack of personal responsibility, entitlement... this is where I'd start looking.

You don't think any of the rhetoric of O'Bama or his pals Sharpton and Jackson have some blame in this? Remember the beer symposium? O'Bama calling a cop stupid without knowing anything besides his buddy was pissed because the guy did his job? You don't think their attitudes empower radicals? What about Trayvon looking like his non-existent son? Why is POTUS even comenting on a single shooting between two common citizens before a trial can even take place?

You're right. Eric Holder and his minions at DOJ had a lot to do with it too.

I wouldn't be as scared of being shot, as much as being paid crap money to be a cop.
With that said, I've done 2 ride alongside in the last month and I half and it was awesome!!!
This last one was a prostitution sting on the johns. We grabbed 5 in 2.5 hours.
It was so much fun!

Still crap money though!

Not a police officer, have one in the family and another in extended family, and I have done a lot of tactical training, and just watching this video with that squirrels hand in his coat pocket and refusing to stop, and No Regerts correct and experienced comment about the Taser probes, makes me shudder. The officer exercised extreme restraint in my opinion, because breaking his fing hand or arm with the baton seems like a good option to me. Steamrolling him would have been an option if you had another officer there too, but not going to the ground one on one with him.

Of course that would probably deviate from protocol, and he would have to justify it if the squirrel did not have a weapon and that is where the agencies and our politicians do not fully support our street cops in the use of force and where officers are put into situations like this. Nothing good was going to happen here with that hand in the pocket.

I know this... putting arse on the line protecting ungrateful public and pols with crappy lowest-bidder gear and asinine ROE is a job I'd never want.

To all our members in the Thin Blue Line both current and retired, THANK YOU.

This is what you get when criminals are always right and police are always wrong.

Cops have to get shot before they can use force.

I'm glad this LEO made it.
I would much rather have a LEO come home than a dirtbag

Many moons ago I applied to the WASP. Went through the written, oral board, polygraph and physical tests. During the lengthy testing I was awarded full custody of my then 9 month old daughter and unfortunately had to pass on the opportunity. 19 years later I still think about it from time to time. I really hate watching videos where LEO's get shot by some piece of meat. People can say what they want about LEO's, but without them we would be screwed. Yes, there are a few bad apples, but MOST of them are heroes that put their lives on the line dealing with some of the worst that most of us never have to see.

Blue Lives Matter.

IMG_2779.JPG

Actually, it's truthful.

Support starts from the top down. In that administration there was no support (even worse, the undermining of the blue on the street), and it showed.

In this administration there is support, and it also shows.

Support starts from the top down. In that administration there was no support (even worse, the undermining of the blue on the street), and it showed.

In ANY organization the culture and ethics are set by the people at the top. As goes their moral compass, so goes the moral compass of the organization and its people and the way they conduct business / operations. There is simply no other way.

Excellent post

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top