JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
NRA fool's gold

NAGR_email.gif

I heard the news just minutes ago.

Behind closed doors in Washington, D.C. there's a new smoky backroom "deal" in the works.

And while no one will say so on the record, according to my sources in both the House and the Senate, the NRA is secretly right smack dab in the middle of it.

I'll give you the details in just a moment . . .

But with only four days until the U.S. Senate goes back into session, please realize this is crunch time.

New developments in this fight are going to come fast and furious.

Politicians in BOTH parties in Washington, D.C. are working feverishly to trick gun owners into trading more of our Second Amendment rights for a shiny chunk of fools' gold.

And without your action today, I'm afraid they may just succeed.

That's why I've created a new Emergency Fax Petition, urging your Senators to oppose any "deal" and instead "Stand With Rand" to prevent any gun-related bill from reaching the floor.

What the gun-grabbers want as part of their deal is no surprise -- ATF Witch hunt legislation.

Sold as a bill to supposedly stop "gun trafficking," this legislation would dramatically ramp up penalties on Americans who sell firearms to "prohibited persons" -- if the seller "should have known."

The legal definitions of both of these phrases is so vague, they're an anti-gun ATF agent's dream come true.

This scheme is designed to get gun owners to start screaming FOR a national gun registry because ultimately the only way you'll be able to protect yourself from ATF goons is to get prior federal approval for every gun transfer.

So, should this ATF Witch Hunt legislation ever become law, it would be an outright DISASTER.

But aren't you and I supposed to "get" something as part of this deal?

Sure.

So-called "National concealed carry reciprocity."

Sounds nice doesn't it?

Like you, I believe the Second Amendment means what it says, and it's the birthright of every American to exercise their God-given right to keep and bear arms.

But there's a BIG FAT catch . . .

President Obama, Attorney General Eric Holder and all the rest of this anti-gun administration would get the names and addresses of every permit holder in the country so they can "properly enforce" the new scheme.

Worse, instead of your State Legislature setting the concealed carry laws for your state, now Dianne Feinstein, Chuck Schumer, and all the rest would get a say in setting up new "common sense standards."
so-called "National Concealed Carry Reciprocity" is hardly a step in the right direction.

Instead, it's a thinly-veiled attempt to stop the progress you and I have been making working through State Legislatures in recent years.

Today, only a few states in America deny citizens the ability to carry concealed in some fashion.

20 years ago, it was 14.

Not only that, but through successes like passing Constitutional Carry in Arizona and Wyoming -- which simply states that if you're legal to own a firearm, you're legal to carry it –- state laws are getting less and less restrictive every year.

Should this "deal" pass, I'm afraid it will be the end of all of our progress!

So when I first heard the news, the NRA is quietly working behind the scenes for this "deal" with weak-kneed GOP Senators, I was shocked and saddened.

Even despite the horrific "merits" of the "deal" being discussed, it will get much, much worse before it's all said and done.

As I told you before, any "deal" that gathers the 60 votes needed to overcome Senator Paul's filibuster and reaches the floor for debate will only serve as a vehicle for Harry Reid and his anti-gun cronies to pile on with amendments.

Magazine bans, the Feinstein Gun Ban and national gun registration under the guise of "universal background checks" could be in the works.

In fact, just days ago, Asa Hutchison -- director of the NRA's National School Shield Task Force -- said he was "open" to expanding "background checks."

Of course, the NRA immediately backed off his comments.

But why is the NRA STILL refusing to back Senator Paul's filibuster?

Is it because they're going to try and break the Paul filibuster with their own misguided "deal" and play right into the gun-grabbers' hands?

I sincerely hope not.

But as I mentioned, this first vote on the motion to proceed to debate on ANY gun-related bill is where you and I must win -- "deal" or no deal.

And blowing this scheme wide open RIGHT NOW before the Senate goes back into session gives you and me a fighting chance.

That's why it's absolutely critical you sign your Emergency Fax Petition IMMEDIATELY, urging your Senators to oppose any "deal" and instead "Stand With Rand" to prevent any gun-related bill from reaching the floor.

And if possible, I hope you'll agree to your most generous financial support.

Fortunately, since I last wrote you, more Senators are now publicly agreeing to "Stand with Rand."

%?FISRST?%, the pressure from NAGR members is clearly working.

The list stands now stands at eight -- Paul (R-KY), Cruz (R-TX), Lee (R-UT), Inhofe (R-OK), Rubio (R-FL), Burr (R-NC), Moran (R-KS), Enzi (R-WY) and Johnson (R-WI).

Others have signaled tepid support.

But time is running out, so it's vital you and I turn up the heat even more to reach the 41 votes necessary to win.

So please sign your Emergency Fax Petition IMMEDIATELY.

And if you can, I hope you'll agree to a generous contribution.

I don't know what you can afford.

But as I mentioned, this is crunch time, so I hope you'll give and give generously.

Perhaps you can afford $20?

If that's too much, perhaps you can give $10 or at least $5.

Every dollar you give is critical.

More financial support means I can reach more pro-gun Americans urging them to turn the heat up on their Senators.

But I'm depending on you to help me do it, and time is running out.

For Freedom,
DWBsigBlue.jpg
Dudley Brown
Executive Vice President

P.S. Politicians in BOTH parties in Washington, D.C. are working feverishly to trick gun owners into trading more of our Second Amendment rights for a shiny chunk of fools' gold.

And without your action today, I'm afraid they may just succeed.

So please sign your new Emergency Fax Petition urging your Senators to oppose any "deal" and instead "Stand With Rand" to prevent any gun-related bill from reaching the floor.

And if you can, please agree to chip in just $20, $10, $5 at once!

The National Association for Gun Rights is a nonprofit, nonpartisan, single-purpose citizens' organization dedicated to preserving and protecting the Constitutionally protected right-to-keep-and-bear-arms through an aggressive program designed to mobilize public opposition to anti-gun legislation. The National Association for Gun Rights' mailing address is P.O. Box 7002, Fredericksburg, VA 22404. They can be contacted toll-free at 1-877-405-4570. Its web address is www.NationalGunRights.org

Not produced or e-mailed at taxpayer expense.

I have supported the NAGR but I do have to say that they seem like they like to be dramatic in a lot of ways. So, while there may be truth in it, we do have to take it with a grain of salt.

The NRA has published a few days ago a rebuttal that basically says that the report is BS!!

I will go you one better:

Instead, it's a thinly-veiled attempt to stop the progress you and I have been making working through State Legislatures in recent years.

Today, only a few states in America deny citizens the ability to carry concealed in some fashion.

20 years ago, it was 14.

Know who got those CCW laws through over the past 20 years? The NRA.

My father had a CPL way back when, at least 1965, but it was job related as he was an auditor and tax collector for the State Of WA and the loggers really didn't like him showing up!

Deen
NRA Life Benefactor Member / Recruiter
Washington Arms Collector Member
Arms Collectors of South West Washington Member
Second Amendment Foundation Member

I will go you one better:

Know who got those CCW laws through over the past 20 years? The NRA.

That's what bothers me about the NRA bashing here and elsewhere. Those doing it don't even bother to read all that the NRA has accomplished and kept from happening over the years.
The original 1938 automatic weapons ban included a magazine limit of 10 rds, the NRA fought it and won that concession.

Sounds like more of the same conspiracy hate the government paranoid wharrrgarble that's been bombarding us lately.

Yes, there should be harsh penalties for knowingly selling to someone who is prohibited.

Yes, you should have tools available to make sure you don't.

Yes, that means there should be a national list...of ineligable people, but not legal owners.

No, "they" aren't coming for our guns...people forget that more than 50% of 'they' is pro-gun.

Yes, there should be some sort of paper-trail to track all firearms to aid in enforcing existing laws...but how to also protect citizens rights at the same time, no one can figure that out yet.

And yes, there should be a universal concealed carry law for all 50 states and all the cities that think they are their own country (I'm looking at you Chicago).

BUT, no there is no need for a license or registration to do so. If you have a gun on you and you can legally own said gun. Ten you're good to go, so says the Constitution. The Federal law should simply state "You have the right to carry your legally owned firearm on your person at all times, in all public spaces(see 2nd amendment)".

Not entirely by themselves, Alan Gottlieb and The Second Amendment Foundation have won several significant court decisions including McDonald v. Chicago.

SAF's Alan Gottlieb: Fighting the Good Fight | The Truth About GunsThe Truth About Guns

Reggie, you're kind of mixing apples and oranges, and it's an easy error to make.
NRA worked those CCW laws through the legislative process and they do it oh-so-well
SAF's forte is the courts, and they have been rather successful at it.

There have been cases that SAF and NRA partnered on. Seattle, New Orleans, San Francisco; an anti-gunner's worst nightmare.

Now, I can speak from a unique perspective that nobody else here has. I spent nine years on the NRA Board of Directors and I am now working for SAF and the CCRKBA, so I've seen it from the inside out.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top