JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
'Largest drone war in the world': How airpower saved Tripoli

"With nearly 1,000 air strikes conducted by UAVs, UN Special Representative to Libya Ghassan Salame called the conflict "the largest drone war in the world". "

" The arrival of Chinese-made Wing Loong drones in 2016 made a significant difference to the LNA's military capabilities. "

" These Chinese-made drones - operated by pilots from the United Arab Emirates (UAE) and flown out of the Al Khadim airbase in the east - "

379fab8e9c94430ea3551eae1cacffe9_18.jpg

ploads%2F2018%2F01%2Fweb355-wing-loong-ii-at-paris.jpg

When warfare devolves into what more or less resembles a kid from back in the day , plugging his quarters into a Zaxxon video game...

To take away the human element and cost in lives in warfare is terrifying.
Quoting Robert E. Lee :
"it is well that war is so terrible , otherwise we shall grow to fond of it.
Andy

There was a movie on Netflix that followed some of these 'gamers' as they get recruited from those 'competitions' and wind up playing COD for reals.

Messes them up BAD when they finally realize what happens outside of the bunker.:(

I have an old, dear friend I met in Lackland. His kid grew up and followed Dad into the AF as well. Kid worked outside of Vegas in tin boxes for 10 years until he got out. He's been in therapy for the last 5.

He has a wall hanging tapestry of this very same quote in his home.

We are being conditioned and desensitized to the effects of violence to where it has no impact on our lives.

Arakboss said:
sources say that because of Meghan and Harry's special situation — connected to royalty, and all — the drones are being treated as a terrorist threat.
emphasis mine.

This bothers me beyond. Maybe selected heads of state but these people gave up, stepped down and now ask to have preferential treatment. Not how this works... not how any of this works.

D,

Agreed!

On another drone note: I was flabbergasted when I saw a news video (maybe a month ago) where a L.E. drone was yelling at/scolding people for not maintaining social distance or not wearing a mask.

VERY Orwellian....yet, L.E. appears to do zero when it comes to criminals, well let them out of prison or not arrest and jail them when caught in the act of committing crimes...they do that...

.....Chinese-made Wing Loong drones.....

I no long feel I'm the #1 master of fake names. The title goes to whomever dreamt this up. Wing loong....heh....clever! Add it to 'Sum Ting Wong,' 'Wi Tu Lo,' 'Ho Lee Fuk,' and 'Bang Ding Ow' for other aeronautic related Chinese names. Heh

I'm always reminded of the movie Toys with Robin Williams, where the crooked general (or whatever he was) recruited kids to play "video games" that were in reality controlling real war machines. 1992.

When warfare devolves into what more or less resembles a kid from back in the day , plugging his quarters into a Zaxxon video game...

To take away the human element and cost in lives in warfare is terrifying.
Quoting Robert E. Lee :
Andy

It's a human grocery store.... o_O

There was a movie on Netflix that followed some of these 'gamers' as they get recruited from those 'competitions' and wind up playing COD for reals.

Messes them up BAD when they finally realize what happens outside of the bunker.:(

There's a show on Netflix called, "Secret City" that is along this general theme, based in the Australian Capitol of Canberra (their DC equivalent), with political D-baggery, illegal drone wars, things go bad, etc....

I HIGHLY recommend it. :s0155:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top