JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
They are in my "so far off the radar..." folder.
n00bs love 'em.
They play to that market.
Rock River? Wha? I used one of thier LPKs in my first build, and quality is as good as anything else out there. Even came with an Ergo Grip. My local sells RRA parts and has used them in many, many customer builds without issue. He is one of the best smiths in the area... far from a "noob".
They have great triggers.. I got the single stage that came in my kit down to just over 4 lbs with a little polishing, and a set of Kaw Valley springs. Thier 2 stage trigger is only $100 and probably the best "bang for your buck" as far as that goes. The only "-" is that they use comercial tubes, but the only problem there is the potential for compatibility issues.
I wouldn't buy one of thier pre built rifles, but then again, I wouldn't buy any post ban factory AR that didn't say Sig, or POF on the side of it. Not as long as I can build my own anyway.

Rock River? Wha? I used one of thier LPKs in my first build, and quality is as good as anything else out there. Even came with an Ergo Grip. My local sells RRA parts and has used them in many, many customer builds without issue. He is one of the best smiths in the area... far from a "noob".
They have great triggers.. I got the single stage that came in my kit down to just over 4 lbs with a little polishing, and a set of Kaw Valley springs. Thier 2 stage trigger is only $100 and probably the best "bang for your buck" as far as that goes. The only "-" is that they use comercial tubes, but the only problem there is the potential for compatibility issues.
I wouldn't buy one of thier pre built rifles, but then again, I wouldn't buy any post ban factory AR that didn't say Sig, or POF on the side of it. Not as long as I can build my own anyway.
I've used some of their parts as well.
Their 2 stage trigger had some fails and got them some very bad press.
They like using Loctite.
I would not buy a complete rifle from them unless it was a giveaway price.

I've used some of their parts as well.
Their 2 stage trigger had some fails and got them some very bad press.
They like using Loctite.
I would not buy a complete rifle from them unless it was a giveaway price.
Hmmm... I didn't hear about that. I've only heard good things about it from local people that have one.... with a lot of things if you go looking for problems you'll find them. This Vid is especially concerning.. but it could be the pin holes, or that the trigger was over"smithed"... the fact that there is no explanation gives me pause.
I prefer a single stage anyway... I have either milspec or POF drop ins in mine.

Hmmm... I didn't hear about that. I've only heard good things about it from local people that have one.... with a lot of things if you go looking for problems you'll find them. This Vid is especially concerning.. but it could be the pin holes, or that the trigger was over"smithed"... the fact that there is no explanation gives me pause.
I prefer a single stage anyway... I have either milspec or POF drop ins in mine.
I think it was with the high volume shooters (NM) that started breaking them.
They would go "mushy" and then double tap.
John Holliger of White Oak Armament (NM supplier) used to sell them.
He could probably tell you about them.

Maybe they fixed them, but the damage has been done.
And with Geiselle so affordable (G2S) and rock-solid , why would anyone want a RRA trigger anyway ?

I think it was with the high volume shooters (NM) that started breaking them.
They would go "mushy" and then double tap.
John Holliger of White Oak Armament (NM supplier) used to sell them.
He could probably tell you about them.

Maybe they fixed them, but the damage has been done.
And with Geiselle so affordable (G2S) and rock-solid , why would anyone want a RRA trigger anyway ?
There are a bunch of great triggers I'd get before a 2 stage RRA.. CMC, POF, etc. if I could afford one I'd get a Tac Con 3MR

So I recently decided I had enough money to start my second build. The first one turned out well enough, but it was just to do it. Probably spent more money than i needed to. For my second build, I'm not sure which direction I'm headed in. I think this one is currently headed for another craps and giggles direction, though I'm feeling guilty, because I understand a lot more than I did a year ago and I kind of want to do something a little more coherent and I don't want to needlessly spend money if I don't need to. I kind of already have the key elements, but
so far I have;

Spikes Tactical Forged Lower/Upper.
Seekins Precision NOXS 15 inch handguard.
Ballistic Advantage Hanson Performance 5.56 16 inch mid length pencil profile barrel with pinned low profile gas block. - They currently have a deal that brings the price to $157.00. $170.00 with the gas tube.

Anyways just seeing what kind of input you all have to offer.

Here's a good set up

- 20" FN chrome lined barrel
- Geissele G2S
- Magpul rubberized grip
- Rifle buttstock
- ACOG

There's some good deals on Geissele triggers right now.

I'm still not sold... His way worked just fine. I think this video was targeting a hobby builder that doesn't want to spend $200 on tools from brownells to build 1 bolt. There is a lot of "could cause this" and "might do that" in the explanation. (read the comments below the article and most agree). There is always a better way, and a proper tool for the job, but some people like to justify spending hundreds of dollars on specialty tools that are not really necessary unless you are a pro that will be using them all the time.
I'm guilty of it myself. Facts are he successfully built a bolt with tools most people have, that will most likely function just fine. I do think the staking of the gas key was half a$$ed though.

I do think the staking of the gas key was half a$$ed though.
There is a M16/M4 Tech Manual approved Field Staking Method that uses a prickpunch.
It's 3 strikes per bolt as outlined in the Tech Manual.

Looks like this :
Field Staking.jpg

Edit:
Although there is nothing like the staking that a properly deployed MOACKS can do.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top