JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'll drive up to either goat mountain or up River in Molalla. I like Browns camp too. So I guess everywhere, I'm thinking of joining douglas ridge gun Club. Well I know I am, its just more convenient.
I live by the high school. How about you

I'll drive up to either goat mountain or up River in Molalla. I like Browns camp too. So I guess everywhere, I'm thinking of joining douglas ridge gun Club. Well I know I am, its just more convenient.

Currently in Villebois, but we are selling our house in a couple months, so we are looking at meadows and some other places.

@DK47 - if you mean are there action matches at Tri County - the answer is yes.

One specific sport is no longer there, due to "local range rules"

But, there are other, similar disciplines.

DRRC is a good choice. I have been a member 2+ years and wont shoot in the sticks again. Its a lot more fun when everyone is on the same safety page. Good folks. No waiting, Indoor range you can shoot .22 to .50ae at 5yds to 50ft. I have gone out on a week day and had a range all to my self too many times to count. You can bring your own steel too. There is a dynamic/tactical range for your pistol/shotgun/carbine practice. 1000yrd range for you long range guys/gals. Park like setting.

DRRC is a good choice. I have been a member 2+ years and wont shoot in the sticks again. Its a lot more fun when everyone is on the same safety page. Good folks. No waiting, Indoor range you can shoot .22 to .50ae at 5yds to 50ft. I have gone out on a week day and had a range all to my self too many times to count. You can bring your own steel too. There is a dynamic/tactical range for your pistol/shotgun/carbine practice. 1000yrd range for you long range guys/gals. Park like setting.
yeah its awesome there and safe and people are friendly and willing to give advice n help!!

One correction. The DRRC indoor range does not allow certain large calibers, like .50AE and .454 Casull, due to the design of the baffles. Otherwise, agree with what you said.

One correction. The DRRC indoor range does not allow certain large calibers, like .50AE and .454 Casull, due to the design of the baffles. Otherwise, agree with what you said.

I stand corrected. I have not looked at the gun list for the indoor range for some time. I should know since I am an RSO:huh: f/n 5.7 is another not allowed. I think penetration of the steel behind the curtins is the reason for the caliber restrictions.

I started action shooting last spring. I've shot steel challenge, USPSA and a couple flavors of 3 gun. I have never been surprised by a rule on match day. These guys do great videos. If you are thinking of starting action shooting, here are some videos that I recommend for getting started. If you can take a class, do so. My day at the TCGC action range class ranks as one of the better days I have spent shooting or doing any other sport.

Here are some videos worth watching for action shooting. I've watched 90% of the 160+ videos these guys have done, many of them several times. I don't usually watch the clay sports stuff. I would love to try it, but I don't have the time to shoot all of the guns I do have as well as I would like to.

Go to PowerFactor Show.

I would start with Episodes: 1, 2, 5, 7, 11, 13, 16, 17 (IDPA specific, but worth the time), 37. These will go through things you definitely want to know before you go to some kind of action range class. It will let you get more from the class and come up to speed faster.

Others to watch if you have time: 3, 4, 8, 9, 10, 12, 15, 19, 20, 21. They are good background, but not necessary.

Revolver specific, but interesting 14.

I hope I understand,, you are learning to or new to the shooting sports? If so I have found that the people at matches are more than helpful in making sure you understand what is going on as well as any other help you will need. It is fun no matter what type of shooting you get into.

Drrc is a good place and good peeps... Shot idpa when brent cunningham started it.
Check out parts and accessories classifieds... I have some idpa/uspsa gear for sale!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top