JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Sometimes I don't understand all the rules at the range, I hope they are for everyone's safety and not just because some old guy said so. Even though sometimes it seems that way? I don't understand the no muzzle straight up rule, seems very safe to me as long as the transition happens with the muzzle pointed downrange? My club has the same rule. Can someone explain this?

Last Edited:
I don't understand the no muzzle straight up or down rules, they seem very safe to me as long as the transition happens with the muzzle pointed downrange?
"no muzzle straight up or down"...??? I don't get why that would be a rule. That's allowed at my range, and is encouraged during USPSA shoots.

When your handgun is in its holster (assuming OWB), it's pointing straight down. Your range does not allow this? o_O

"no muzzle straight up or down"...??? I don't get why that would be a rule. That's allowed at my range, and is encouraged during USPSA shoots.

When your handgun is in its holster (assuming OWB), it's pointing straight down. Your range does not allow this? o_O
I edited it. Down is not an issue. But unholstered straight up is.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top