JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Is there any matches in the portland metro area that are open to the public for beginners to competition? I am looking to do some .22 Lr matches with my pistol or possibly a future gsg-5 purchase, but I am new to the match scene and I want something easy and fun to participate in that are not a commitment

I would be interested as well. I watched some International Defensive Pistol matchs, and they looked really fun. My friend and I tried to do some stuff like that up at a quarry, we set up targets and did a timed course with reloading and such. I realized how much different quick decisions were than just target shooting. Is speed steel at all like that?

I would be interested as well. I watched some International Defensive Pistol matchs, and they looked really fun. My friend and I tried to do some stuff like that up at a quarry, we set up targets and did a timed course with reloading and such. I realized how much different quick decisions were than just target shooting. Is speed steel at all like that?

For IDPA you would need to go to Bend or up to Renton.

I wish we had it in PDX.

A .22, 5-magazines, Wal-Mart bulk pack of ammo, and a good attitude.

It is very easy to do. I have never seen a newbie have a problem.

It is very fun and even if you don't know anyone, you are instantly among friends.

Hurm - I've got a grand total of one .22 with one magazine... would need to stock up... :D

Now if I could use .223, I've got more magazines... ;)

Clark rifles offers all sorts of competition for all levels of shooters. 17's to big bores. They have a sharpshooter match, plate match, turkey shoots, and many others.

Scott

Do you need to draw from a holster to compete in speed steel? I am very interested in trying this out but I don't generally practice drawing from a holster (though I should).

I think I could make it to the next speed steel match at TCGC (March 1). I have never been to this club and would love to have a contact of someone that I can meet there to help me get started. I don't know if I can convince my hubby to come along. He loves to shoot but is pretty busy right now and may not be able to take the time.

Do you need to draw from a holster to compete in speed steel? I am very interested in trying this out but I don't generally practice drawing from a holster (though I should).

I think I could make it to the next speed steel match at TCGC (March 1). I have never been to this club and would love to have a contact of someone that I can meet there to help me get started. I don't know if I can convince my hubby to come along. He loves to shoot but is pretty busy right now and may not be able to take the time.
Come on out. We can show ya the ropes.

It's super easy to get started.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews