JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
at some time in the past 10 days, the front sight from my Mosin 1891 has decided it needed a vacation, and like the rude little piece of metal it's always been, it took off leaving nary a note.

Rather than wait for the return of the ungrateful little git, I am asking for the help of all you terrific NWFA patrons in securing a replacement for the wayward sight.

Now, to be fair, the sight was probably lonely, if web searches are to be believed. I've seen several sites that used to have them, but, alas, no longer.

A bit of description may be in order:
This is not the hooded sight so commonly found on M44s, M38s, and 91/30s. This is a dovetail based vertical blade whose description I best leave to this page.

Can anyone help out a guy missing his long, lost front sight?

1005.jpg

Last Edited:
Don't call it a comeback - I've been here for years. And yes, I'm still looking for a site (or, more accurately, a sight!)

Can anyone say they've seen one - other than on the end of their rifle?

@Toxic6 - by the time I got to them, they'd sold out. Carp!

Help - I need somebody!
Help - Not just anybody!
Won't you please, please help me?

Still looking for the other end of an 1891 to help give me accuracy. I'd say improve it, but I currently have none - not a bit.

Okay, I'm fairly sure that anyone who has seen this already is now ignoring it, and that's fine - I'll keep bumping it so that the noobs can take a peek.

Members are allowed to ask whatever they want for items posted in the classified sections. If you don't like the price of an item, simply move on. Posting negative comments will result in the revocation of your classified privileges.