JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I picked up this Colt M1991 A1 a while back from another forum member, It had seem some usage over the years and was in desperate need of a little love and attention.
Here it is as I originally received it

I contacted Mike at Northwest gun refinishing and he agreed to transform this 1911 into the Colt I had always wanted.
Here it is with some tasteful upgrades. Big shout out to Mike and the quality of work he does as this definitely needed some major work.

Here is is as I received it from Mike Yesterday.

I could not be happier with the way it turned out.

I drove up from Portland to the recent Puyallup gun show and dropped off my Colt Commander with Mike. I really enjoyed talking to him over the phone about my Colt project and was very impressed with the quality of his workmanship when I met him at the show.
I was going to try the CeraKote process myself, but after discussing the process, equipment and materials that I would need, plus having no experience, it became very apparent that letting Mike handle it made perfect sense. Can't wait to see my pistol when finished.

Nice work by Mike! What type of finish is this? Duracoat? Molyresin? Ionbond? I looking at doing one of my Kimbers with Ionbond, but the closest person that I know that does that is SpringPrecision.

Do you really want to wait? Better for me to try it out today and that way you would know for sure that all will be well on Sunday. It is a sacrifice I am willing to do for you because I am such a nice guy.
Mike

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads