JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Sammy was taught by PNW native Arvo Ojala as were many other Hollywood "gunfighters" including Audie Murphy.
https://www.latimes.com/archives/la-xpm-2005-jul-20-me-ojala20-story.html

Sammy Davis Jr. and Jerry Lewis were supposed to be the fastest draws in Hollywood.

I swear, I was born too late. I've felt like that since I was in my 20s. When I watch those vids I can't help but think about that crowd of people. There are people there that have guns, and people that don't. There's no one standing up and complaining or walking out in disgust and complaining to management. No one marching in the streets with anti "gun" message signs. No groups of mad mothers. There are likely married couples from one household that vote differently even. What, people were too busy working and paying attention to their own family and close neighborhoods? Living their OWN lives? And not trying to live others lives too I think.
:sigh:

I swear, I was born too late. I've felt like that since I was in my 20s. When I watch those vids I can't help but think about that crowd of people. There are people there that have guns, and people that don't. There's no one standing up and complaining or walking out in disgust and complaining to management. No one marching in the streets with anti "gun" message signs. No groups of mad mothers. There are likely married couples from one household that vote differently even. What, people were too busy working and paying attention to their own family and close neighborhoods? Living their OWN lives? And not trying to live others lives too I think.
:sigh:
At the outset of WW2, nearly 50% of Americans were lived in rural areas. Think about that - roughly 5 in every group of 10 had grown up and was living rural.

It's no surprise that with urbanization has come a more invasive body politic - especially as people idolize Euro countries…not realizing that the US dwarfs them and any lessons learned need to be reevaluated in that context.

At the outset of WW2, nearly 50% of Americans were lived in rural areas. Think about that - roughly 5 in every group of 10 had grown up and was living rural.

It's no surprise that with urbanization has come a more invasive body politic - especially as people idolize Euro countries…not realizing that the US dwarfs them and any lessons learned need to be reevaluated in that context.
What I hear you saying is, had I grown up 10 miles further North 62 years ago I would have been one of them. That's as hard to relate to as understanding someone speaking Chinese.

As for the thread subject title, Doctors say a lot of stupid crap and will go along to get along if the price is right. Most are nothing more than pharm pimps now.

Beer = survive a heat wave. True idiocy. Alcohol dehydrates you and lets face it, despite BS 'paid for' campaigns to say it is healthy, alcohol is poisonous to the body and even more so the brain. I am a social drinker, only maybe once a week. Not proud of that, but not reckless. Unfortunately, I have alcoholic in-denial friends who are killing themselves off.

Same old song and dance, nothing new. Cancer - Doctor when can I drink again? Double Hip replacements - Doctor when can I drink again? Major heart attack - Doctor when can I drink again?

Any medical person that says something positive about drinking HEALTH WISE is being paid to say so. There is ZERO health benefits to any alcohol, yes, including red wine. In fact the mix of sugar and alcohol makes it even worse than other booze.

I loved Sammy!

I wrote about him when it came to some OLD cowboy tv shows in the past too.

Here (?) and in other places.

I liked him as a person from what I knew about him, I liked to see and hear him perform, I liked his jokes and special shows with Frank and Dean too.

He always did something nice for OTHER PEOPLE, not just on tv or on stage, around the Christian and Jewish (He converted.) winter holidays for ALL believers and ones who did NOT have any religion too.

He did a LOT for children and for the police, firemen, emts, etc. too! Year round!

I believe that he had a KIND SOUL and a GOOD HEART from what I knew about him as a kid, teen, and as a grown up lady.

He spoke about the GOLDEN RULE (For all people!) often in interviews and not just joking around with Johnny Carson too!

I do NOT ever remember him being RUDE, CONCEITED, a BIGOT or being a BULLY to prove himself as a REAL MAN, A GENTLEMAN, or to be more popular as an ENTERTAINER!

Talented men and women did not NEED fancy/dancy lights and special 'fireworks' on or off STAGE to PROVE their WORTH as a singer, dancer, musician, comedian, gun slinger, etc.

I agree with MIKE when it comes to the old days, the audience and many of the older performers.

Those REAL MEN and real women did not have to DEMEAN some other entertainer or beat them up LIVE with their bare hands or with words online or offline just to PROVE some salami to their CULT FOLLOWERS or to their run around wife or run around husband.

Old Lady Cate

ADDED more and typos.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR