JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
On the last flight I took, across the aisle the girl ordered an IPA. The man next to her asked what that was.
"A kind of beer."

So twice in a couple weeks I am near someone who didn't know an IPA.

My view that many think IPA are the bees knees, but I don't like 'em:

Had a beer snob some years ago tell me IPAs are the biggest scam in beer brewing. Ad enough hops and you don't get the off tastes of poorly malted barley, cheap crap grain, and lousy water! Maybe the fertilizer is from all that sewage sludge too?

293562223_552328233304208_468153983070657808_n.jpg

I was at the store before a hurricane in Hawaii. I bumped into my buddy, we both had a case of beer in our carts.
Brings back memories of hurricane parties in the dorms at University of Florida. Beer, potato chips, lots of snack foods. Guitars. Good times. Such an interesting place, Florida. Regularly having weather that could kill you if go out in it. A pond on campus nobody swam in because of all the alligators. A state that has all four poisonous snakes. And now its overrun with anacondas too, apparently.

Last Edited:
Don't drink, but I'll have to believe you guys in regard to the beer tasting…

:s0094:
There are a ton of non-alc beer options now-a-days...if you're interested. My wife and I discovered them all while she was pregnant. Interestingly, we found the largest selection of such to be located in Finland (long story short, we were honeymooning there over new year's while she was pregnant...had to find something to drink a celebratory toast).

There are a ton of non-alc beer options now-a-days...if you're interested. My wife and I discovered them all while she was pregnant. Interestingly, we found the largest selection of such to be located in Finland (long story short, we were honeymooning there over new year's while she was pregnant...had to find something to drink a celebratory toast).
That's very nice of you, but I don't really like the taste of beer so I couldn't imagine drinking it without actually having the effects of the alcohol…

Lol. :p

I'd be interested in finding some that doesn't taste like crap. I found non alcoholic Heineken tastes just like regular Heineken, which is to say like crap. What do you suggest?

Yes. Because piss water is still piss water.
I got to say. I hear that a lot about PBR, Old Milwaukie, Bud, Coors, Busch. I've drank those and others and it seems if you make one of them YOUR beer, they taste fine, and changing brands takes awhile. But I've never drank piss. So I wouldn't know enough to say. I'll have to trust your experience here. :s0084:

I liked the OLD Budweiser beer tv commercials with the horses pulling a big wagon that had Christmas trees on them.

They were like looking at OLD Christmas pictures by famous artists in paintings, in some non religious Christmas cards, old famous magazine covers, etc. Currier and Ives, Norman Rockwell, etc.

There were 2 if not more than 2 tv beer commercials that usually played during the OLD Bob Hope USO Christmas shows. I always watched those Bob Hope shows when they were broadcast too. Growing up and even after I married - I would never miss them.

They did not have the Bud Christmas one with the wagon/horses/trees (To the best of my memory now since they had not come out with them at the time.) but it was some Bud jingle. I am not sure which beer company had the other commercial at this time.

Circa 60's and 70's.

I can't remember if Bob Hope showed those OLD shows on tv during the 50's but he DID travel all over doing those shows even during WW2 time and on.

I liked the Marlboro man tv commercials too. Old, old ones and up until they took them OFF the air. They always showed nice scenery in those commercials.

Cate

When I first read this, I thought she said beer could help you survive a hot flash. Which in my experience requires hard liquor and a weekend camping in another State....

The week of July 24th is expected to be a Heat Wave in Portland.

Stock up.

Beer could help you survive a heatwave, doctor says.
The article claims that if you drink more than two pints in a day, the amount of alcohol contained will actually have a negative effect on your body (it will dehydrate you, despite all the liquid you're taking in).
I looked it up.....Two pints = 38+ Fluid Ounces.
So if you keep your intake to no more than 3 12 oz. bottles/cans, you'd be pushing the envelope, but you should be ok.
...I think I know what I'm having for breakfast, lunch and dinner tomorrow. ;)

I'd be interested in finding some that doesn't taste like crap. I found non alcoholic Heineken tastes just like regular Heineken, which is to say like crap. What do you suggest?
My top two are
- Weihenstephaner Hefeweissbier Alkoholfrei (their alcohol imbued Hefe is wonderful as well)

- Lagunitas has fantastic IPAs in both alcohol and non varieties.

Though, tbh I've been on an aged sours kick lately.

My top two are
- Weihenstephaner Hefeweissbier Alkoholfrei (their alcohol imbued Hefe is wonderful as well)

- Lagunitas has fantastic IPAs in both alcohol and non varieties.

Though, tbh I've been on an aged sours kick lately.
I was never a big Hefe fan but I give it a whirl. I love Lagunitas and just recently heard about that, I'll have to try it. I use to work a block away from them and spent many hours at their dog friendly pub in Petaluma. Thanks for the reminder.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top