JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

old but never gets old
omfg i didnt realize i posted the goddamn radio/mtv music video whatever bs version... does NOT hit like the original:

jc that first one i posted is awful, man.. what a way to completely fckin demasculate a righteous piece. fckn vomit dawg.

My late husband used to say that if you drink something hot, a mug of black coffee, when it is hot outside or on a ship (Below deck. Engine or boiler rooms.) where it is humid/hot like in Nam, all over the world, etc. - you don't feel as hot as if you drank a cold soda or iced tea.

His fellow shipmates said the same thing too.

He said the same thing for Central and South America, in other parts of the world, etc. while on the ground with the Air NG Fighter Wing too.

He followed the same procedure (Black coffee.) AND added cold water or cold milk to his daily routine when he was not drinking coffee. He did drink some iced tea once in a blue moon but he preferred his mugs of GOOD plain coffee.

I drink far LESS coffee compared to when I was younger but a mug of plain hot and good coffee, a hot cup of tea, a hot cup of water with a dash of honey in it usually COOLS me off better than a cold glass of water or a glass of iced tea.

QUALITY made cranberry, orange, grape or blackberry juice with NO added sugar in it served super cold and with LOTS of ice is a nice treat too. Sometimes apple juice is so so and you may as well eat the apple all alone with a glass of water on the side.

Cate

My late husband used to say that if you drink something hot, a mug of black coffee, when it is hot outside or on a ship (Below deck. Engine or boiler rooms.) where it is humid/hot like in Nam, all over the world, etc. - you don't feel as hot as if you drank a cold soda or iced tea.

Works with spicy food too.

I'd prefer bourbon to beer but, there's something nice about an ice cold IPA and a plate of nachos on a hot day.

I'd prefer bourbon to beer but, there's something nice about an ice cold IPA and a plate of nachos on a hot day.
What is IPA? I looked it up. India pale ale. I never heard of that name or those words before.

I am dumb when it comes to booze and beer.

I did buy L (An old BEST friend of my late husband's since the summer of 1953.) a box of beer. It came in six glass bottles and it was the German name or Mic something for a name when I was staining a fence. This was long before my late husband's cancer discovery. I was in my 30's at the time.

I bought one bottle of beer with a MOOSE on it here in Montana. I dumped the beer and kept the bottle. I took the bottle back east since I was and still am KIND of INTO moose and bears but German Shepherd dogs the most. LOL I bought a moose crossing yellow warning sign in Acadia National Park - many trips to Maine. Plus I had my Christmas moose with a RIBBON on it's neck that I put on a chair every year back east too. LOL

Cate

I never tasted bourbon.

I did taste some famous type of 'scotch' one time that some client gave to my Aunt C - the famous lawyer and not just due to her law firm as a partner from the early 50's and on.

God - I almost choked. It was famous, expensive and a Christmas gift to her. I took one taste of it and holy moly. I did not like the taste of it at all.

My late Mom used to say, "Eat this or that since it is GOOD FOR YOU (Quality food.) and it will put hair on your chest!"

That was fine for my older brother but my older sister and I would say that we did not want hair on our chests. IT was a JOKE for some of you who don't get my old time sayings that some of us were raised with.

I did hear that spicy food was good to eat in hot weather too.

Take care.

Cate

I was at the store before a hurricane in Hawaii. I bumped into my buddy, we both had a case of beer in our carts.
Done that. But the worst is when other stranded people end up in your place for/after the storm and drink your beer......
Damn its hard to be polite. Mama always said that when you go to a party you need to bring something. A bag of chips is not 'something'.

I can tell you that you don't see alot of people running on the street down here in Texas! The are quickly abused of the idea! So far in 2022 we have had 41 days of 100+ degrees. And its still mid-July, with August still coming. Every day of July has been over 100 (today is the 21st). (Feels Like temps have been 105-110)

1- Everyone and place has A/C down here.
2- Yardwork is kept to a minimum. 30-45 min once or twice a day
3- Tepid showers are better than hot or cold ones. (You'll still be sticky in an hour!)
3- Alcohol really does not help in heat. It opens the capillaries in your skin making sweating even more likely. That's why people 'flush' when they get inebriated.
4- Dehydration is the true danger in high heat. Drink water regularly throughout the day. If you're not peeing, you're not drinking enough water!
5- Small meals. Eating raises your body temperature
6- No A/C ? Open your windows for cooler nightime air, closing the windows and shades to keep it dark & cool. Use fans to move the air around and over your body to evaporate (to feel cooler).
7- Water your pets CONSTANTLY! They only sweat through their foot pads and by panting.

**Check on your neighbors, especially the older ones who will reluctant to ask for help. Take them their mail, take them a case of water, and do it daily. Bring them home for a meal and some company.

I can tell you that you don't see alot of people running on the street down here in Texas! The are quickly abused of the idea! So far in 2022 we have had 41 days of 100+ degrees. And its still mid-July, with August still coming. Every day of July has been over 100 (today is the 21st). (Feels Like temps have been 105-110)

1- Everyone and place has A/C down here.
2- Yardwork is kept to a minimum. 30-45 min once or twice a day
3- Tepid showers are better than hot or cold ones. (You'll still be sticky in an hour!)
3- Alcohol really does not help in heat. It opens the capillaries in your skin making sweating even more likely. That's why people 'flush' when they get inebriated.
4- Dehydration is the true danger in high heat. Drink water regularly throughout the day. If you're not peeing, you're not drinking enough water!
5- Small meals. Eating raises your body temperature
6- No A/C ? Open your windows for cooler nightime air, closing the windows and shades to keep it dark & cool. Use fans to move the air around and over your body to evaporate (to feel cooler).
7- Water your pets CONSTANTLY! They only sweat through their foot pads and by panting.

**Check on your neighbors, especially the older ones who will reluctant to ask for help. Take them their mail, take them a case of water, and do it daily. Bring them home for a meal and some company.
Man that's tough.:( Is this weather down there very unusual? Sometimes I wonder if it's a bunch of media hype, which I don't watch, blowing things up that are actually not that unusual?

Man that's tough.:( Is this weather down there very unusual? Sometimes I wonder if it's a bunch of media hype, which I don't watch, blowing things up that are actually not that unusual?
Very Unusual - yes. Rare to have this many this early in the summer season. There were 3-5 back in May! There has been a heat dome that has sat atop South Texas for a couple of months now.

But I am retired. Go out when I want, and if I want. Others have to work in this weather. You do get used to it. I remember that it used to rain occasionally in Oregon too. LOL Humidity is very high overnight and with the heat is down in the 30% area by late afternoon. You get used to that too.

I am lucky. I have a house and AC.

Very Unusual - yes. Rare to have this many this early in the summer season. There were 3-5 back in May! There has been a heat dome that has sat atop South Texas for a couple of months now.

But I am retired. Go out when I want, and if I want. Others have to work in this weather. You do get used to it. I remember that it used to rain occasionally in Oregon too. LOL Humidity is very high overnight and with the heat is down in the 30% area by late afternoon. You get used to that too.

I am lucky. I have a house and AC.
As long as The Grid issues have been solved. "Knock on wood" I don't work for money anymore either.
Take care man.

As long as The Grid issues have been solved. "Knock on wood" I don't work for money anymore either.
Take care man.
You know the gov't has known of the weaknesses and vulnerabilities in the national electric grid system for 50 years. And that was before hacking became a thing. I have no faith that they will 'fix' it in the next 50! Problem in TX is that they have many many different electrical system that are not tied into each other. Stress heating such as we have now does take them to the brink. Been here for over a year and haven't lost power yet.
Have a solar system going up on the roof in the next couple of months. but to truly be independent you have to have a backup battery ($8-12k). About equal to a Generac installed. Maybe Brandon will buy me one of those!!

Lol, right!

I don't drink these days, but being a millennial, when I have an occasional alcoholic beverage it's usually water. Aka hard seltzer.

Leave it to millennials to make drinking alcohol healthy. In fact, we are now putting vitamins in our seltzers.

003748523.jpg

You know the gov't has known of the weaknesses and vulnerabilities in the national electric grid system for 50 years. And that was before hacking became a thing. I have no faith that they will 'fix' it in the next 50! Problem in TX is that they have many many different electrical system that are not tied into each other. Stress heating such as we have now does take them to the brink. Been here for over a year and haven't lost power yet.
Have a solar system going up on the roof in the next couple of months. but to truly be independent you have to have a backup battery ($8-12k). About equal to a Generac installed. Maybe Brandon will buy me one of those!!
There's mostly a national electric grid, then there's Texas. To my knowledge, Texas does not have any outside connections.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top