JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
BUT, But, but.....the 24th is a Sunday.

And So?

god-and-beer-large.jpg

Aloha, Mark

There are better ways to get electrolytes in a heat wave than drinking something alcoholic. Such as food. Or juice.

When its really hot I postpone eating except for very lightly until evening after it starts cooling down. harder to tolerate heat with a full gut. If you are drinking a lot of water and sweating a lot, salt matters. Most snack foods contain excess salt, so that's easily taken care of. Crackers, taco chips, potato chips, sardines, kippered herring, cheese, etc.

There are better ways to get electrolytes in a heat wave than drinking something alcoholic. Such as food. Or juice.

When its really hot I postpone eating except for very lightly until evening after it starts cooling down. harder to tolerate heat with a full gut. If you are drinking a lot of water and sweating a lot, salt matters. Most snack foods contain excess salt, so that's easily taken care of. Crackers, taco chips, potato chips, sardines, kippered herring, cheese, etc.
Don't forget potassium.

What's everbody doing to prepare for heatwave besides stocking up on beer? Do you think the electric grid will keep up with all the ACs and EVs?
I was at the store before a hurricane in Hawaii. I bumped into my buddy, we both had a case of beer in our carts.

I realize this thread is mainly tongue-in-cheek, but there are better ways to hydrate and replenish electrolytes. And though light consumption of booze is not all that bad, heavy use is catastrophic for one's health (e.g., impact on the brain, damage to the liver, issues with the digestive system, weight gain, messing with hormones, et al.). To each their own, but I no longer touch the stuff, and am glad I opted to boot it. :s0155:

I realize this thread is mainly tongue-in-cheek, but there are better ways to hydrate and replenish electrolytes. And though light consumption of booze is not all that bad, heavy use is catastrophic for one's health (e.g., impact on the brain, damage to the liver, issues with the digestive system, weight gain, messing with hormones, et al.). To each their own, but I no longer touch the stuff, and am glad I opted to boot it. :s0155:
I'm not an alcoholic... Alcoholics go to meetings; I don't go to meetings.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top