JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So we just watched "The Hitman's Bodyguard"...Yeah , I know , :s0065:.
Its what I call a Beer and Pretzel Movie.
You just start it up , enjoy the gunfire and explosions , car chases and such...
With no real expectations , other than enjoying the show and beer and the pretzels...:D

Anyhow its a good movie with lots of action and laughs...
Anyone else enjoy movies like that...?
Andy

The Missus and I are gonna watch that sub warfare popcorn movie, "Hunter Killer" tonight. It's gonna be super inaccurate, I'm sure, but it looks like a good beer and pretzel movie. I just need some beer and pretzels…

The Worlds Fastest Indian was a surpringly good flick. It's about a motorcycle not Elizabeth Warren, unless Anthony Hopkins is easily confused for Elizabeth Warren.
Also The Way Back will keep you slamming beers and chomping snacks. Absolutely riveting.
If you're slamming back some scotch, Breaker Morant is a good one to take you back to another time in history. One of my all time favorites.

Anymore, I get bored if I have to really pay attention to a movie. Then again, movies like John Wick kind of bore me too. Too much perpetual motion.
I wish that I could fall repeatedly down concrete steps like he does and continue to fight the bad guys. You know, just like in real life. But if I was Keanu Reeves, I'd know Kung fu...

Safe House with Ryan Reynolds and Denzel Washington is also another great action flick...

7428345.3.jpg

I have always had a few movies I fall back on if I can't find anything else.

In respect to Andy,
Blackhawk down. I know that's a personal story Andy, but it was always a movie I watched.
I've seen it atleast 50 times.

Sahara- with Matthew McConaughey

The Kingdom- with Jamie Foxx

Without a paddle- Dax Shepard, Matthew Lillard, Seth Green

I've watched each of these 20-30 times.
There's a few others but you get the idea

In respect to Andy,
Blackhawk down. I know that's a personal story Andy, but it was always a movie I watched.
I've only seen that movie in the theater...just after it came out.
The opening shots...with the satellite footage..shows some of me and the LRRP / LRSD team I was in , "taking care of business"...so to speak...it was very surreal to see , to say the least...
Andy

I've only seen that movie in the theater...just after it came out.
The opening shots...with the satellite footage..shows some of me and the LRRP / LRSD team I was in , "taking care of business"...so to speak...it was very surreal to see , to say the least...
Andy
Thank you for your service!
I was in a Bible study with a guy that was in that mess. Don't remember his name. Was back in 2000 or so. I do remember him seeming a bit different and was one of the first times I met someone in person that had the infamous "thousand yard stare" that people talk about. It was unsettling.

Hopefully he was able to get help and deal with those particular demons.

My partner at work is a Marine Infantry vet and did a couple of tours in Afghanistan. He's got all sorts of scars from shrapnel and bullets and health issues from his time there. He's suffering from PTSD big time and it's a challenge working with him. Some days, he's an insufferable jerk. Other times he's a rock star. You just never know who you'll end up spending 12hrs with day to day.

I can't imagine.

I remember reading the stories of WW2 Vets going to see saving private ryan in theaters. It was emotion just reading about it.

My grandpa was in a tanker outfit that fought in Italy. Supposedly spent the most days in combat of any other tanker unit. 315 days?

He was a very quiet man who supposedly had a lot of bad dreams that grandma didn't like to talk about. The movie "Fury" is based, in part, on some of his experiences...

Service Album  130.jpg

Thank you for your service!
I was in a Bible study with a guy that was in that mess. Don't remember his name. Was back in 2000 or so. I do remember him seeming a bit different and was one of the first times I met someone in person that had the infamous "thousand yard stare" that people talk about. It was unsettling.

Hopefully he was able to get help and deal with those particular demons.

My partner at work is a Marine Infantry vet and did a couple of tours in Afghanistan. He's got all sorts of scars from shrapnel and bullets and health issues from his time there. He's suffering from PTSD big time and it's a challenge working with him. Some days, he's an insufferable jerk. Other times he's a rock star. You just never know who you'll end up spending 12hrs with day to day.

You are welcome...it was my pleasure to serve
( Well mostly...;):D )
I have four combat tours and a few scars as well...It does still shape my thinking and outlook at times.
That said...
I try to make my experiences work for me in a positive way.
What that takes and means is vastly different , for everyone...as no two combat experiences are the same.

And with that said...
I wouldn't trade my experiences for anything...or pawn them off on anyone else.
They are what they are...and go along way in making me...me.
And while I do not think of myself as a "Hero"...I am proud of the things that I done and with the men and women , I served with.
Andy

I have always had a few movies I fall back on if I can't find anything else.

In respect to Andy,

Sahara- with Matthew McConaughey

The Kingdom- with Jamie Foxx

Without a paddle- Dax Shepard, Matthew Lillard, Seth Green

I've watched each of these 20-30 times.
There's a few others but you get the idea

At the family cabin in Idaho, we don't have internet or cable, but we do have a big screen TV and about 300 movies.

Our fall back movies that keep getting played:

Blazing Saddles
The Outlaw Josey Wales
Hot Tub Time Machine
The Rocker
Forrest Gump
Airplane
Anchorman

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show