Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Been to Wal Mart latley?

Discussion in 'Ammunition & Reloading' started by shadycon, Jan 21, 2009.

1. shadycon

shadycon sw Va. Member

In my area [Va.] they are not restocking shelves. Personal say they have no idea when they will recieve more ammo or reloading supplies!!!!

2. Wierzbowski

Wierzbowski Sherwood Member

Your Walmarts have reloading supplies? I was just at the nearest one to my house (McMinnville) on Saturday and they said that they don't carry reloading components or tools.

3. DSbur

DSbur Vancouver WA Member

Wally world in Hazel Dell/Vancouver area is getting pretty slim on shooting supplies, and their ammo is hidden under the counters (except a little shotgun ammo). No more pellet guns, airsoft, etc.

Probably being politically correct for the PDX metro area?

4. nathanh

nathanh Vancouver, WA Member

Sportsman's Warehouse in Vancouver is very low on reloading stuff and ammo. I heard they were potentially going out of business and so they weren't restocking.

5. spider

spider Hillsboro Well-Known Member

winchesters and blazer brass been sellling out on the days they stock them at the walmarts here off of 82nd.

6. Doc In UPlace

Doc In UPlace Tacoma-ish Well-Known Member

The one in U-Place didn't even have any .223 and myself and another guy from the Tacoma Rifle n' Revolver club bought 6 of their 8 boxes of .45's. This was a couple weeks ago.

Is it a wonder that there is a shortage? According to a relatively recent report about ammunition expenditure in Iraq, *18 Mar, 2005:

"Looking at the small caliber requirements analysis from the Army G3, for the FY05-11 timeframe, the largest requirement for any year is 1.752 billion rounds."

That's Billion.

7. ZeroRing

ZeroRing 26th District, WA Active Member

That is a LOT o' boolits!! :wow:

8. Scott

Scott Battle Ground Well-Known Member

They are being taken over by a Canadian company. If you want a camo shirt you are good to go but any thing that has to do with hunting forget. They have not had squat in months. Bimart has a better selection of ammo and reloading supplies.

Scott

9. jib

jib Central OR Active Member

I would guess this economic meltdown is no accident :confused:

10. Spray-n-pray

Spray-n-pray Battle Ground Moderator Staff Member

What?!?! We are being taken over by Canada!?!?! TO ARMS! TO ARMS!

:gun21::flag::tank:

Last edited: Jan 21, 2009
  11. ZeroRing

ZeroRing 26th District, WA Active Member

South Park was right!! Blame Canada!!!! :D

12. Spray-n-pray

Spray-n-pray Battle Ground Moderator Staff Member

It's not even a real country anyway....

13. caliber bob

caliber bob Yamhill County, OR. Member

McMinnville Walmart rules :partyman:

14. Wierzbowski

Wierzbowski Sherwood Member

The Bi-Mart ain't bad either! The Tigard Bi-Mart generally sells out of the sale .223 ammo within a day or two of the ad coming out. At McMinnville, I was able to grab 8 (the ad limit is 4, but if you ask nicely they'll bend the limit for you) boxes of the stuff. I also picked up 400 small pistol primers and a pound of Bullseye, both of which I've been unable to find at the Tigard store for the last three weeks.

I like McMinnville! :thumbup:

15. Zhivago

Zhivago Everett, WA Member

The US tried to invade Canada once...during the war of 1812 if I'm not mistaken.

16. daddio

daddio portland Member

Sporticals on 82nd is out of everything (practically) that goes bang. They are even looking pretty bare on guns! 6 months ago their gun racks were stuffed to the gills now the wall o' guns is lookin pretty thin. Sad.

17. Mutoman

Mutoman North Bend Active Member

I was in the local Bi-mart in North Bend (Oregon) the other day, the shelves are looking pretty bare again. I try to buy my ammo from Bi-Mart or a small gun shop, just trying to keep Americans working.

18. tionico

tionico Thurston County Well-Known Member

Don't forget the Pig War, up in the San Juan Islands....... back about eighteen ought sixty sumthin.....
    I try and check the Bimarts in Oregon when I'm near one... I've got the ones in the Portland area figured out pretty well. that way, no state sales tax, as when I buy in Washington. There is one down near Woodburn that seemed to be fairly well stocked. Part of the problem is military use, but I think the biggest thing is the sudden demand. I heard, from someone who was there, that the first gun show at Portland Expo after the election, all the dealers sold out by noon Friday, folks going out of there with pallet loads. Some were able to reorder, it came Sunday morning, and was all gone by noon again.... and for Friday, they'd brought in several times what they'd usually sell at that show. Seems Mr. O had made some campaign speechification to the tune of he'll be trying to disarm America. With the special cop forces, threats of anarchy and rebellion over the financial mess they've got us in (and the fact they continue to dig the hole deeper) it wouldn 't surprise me.

One problem is, Canada has forbidden private citizens to own handguns.... and, of course, the sorts of crimes that are often deterred by not knowing who might be carrying have risen a lot in the past ten years or so. Long guns, OK, they're for hunting purposes..... sporting,,,,,, target shooting......

19. Joe Link

Joe Link Portland, OR Well-Known Member Staff Member Lifetime Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

Went to the Wal-Mart on 82nd today for some ammo. The only thing they had were a few boxes of .40, a few boxes of .380 (which is what I went there for, score!), and some hunting ammo.

20. dragonsden73

dragonsden73 Salem, Oregun Active Member

errrr...nevermind.