JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Your Walmarts have reloading supplies? I was just at the nearest one to my house (McMinnville) on Saturday and they said that they don't carry reloading components or tools.

Wally world in Hazel Dell/Vancouver area is getting pretty slim on shooting supplies, and their ammo is hidden under the counters (except a little shotgun ammo). No more pellet guns, airsoft, etc.

Probably being politically correct for the PDX metro area?

The one in U-Place didn't even have any .223 and myself and another guy from the Tacoma Rifle n' Revolver club bought 6 of their 8 boxes of .45's. This was a couple weeks ago.

Is it a wonder that there is a shortage? According to a relatively recent report about ammunition expenditure in Iraq, *18 Mar, 2005:

"Looking at the small caliber requirements analysis from the Army G3, for the FY05-11 timeframe, the largest requirement for any year is 1.752 billion rounds."

That's Billion.

Sportsman's Warehouse in Vancouver is very low on reloading stuff and ammo. I heard they were potentially going out of business and so they weren't restocking.

They are being taken over by a Canadian company. If you want a camo shirt you are good to go but any thing that has to do with hunting forget. They have not had squat in months. Bimart has a better selection of ammo and reloading supplies.

Scott

McMinnville Walmart rules :s0133:

The Bi-Mart ain't bad either! The Tigard Bi-Mart generally sells out of the sale .223 ammo within a day or two of the ad coming out. At McMinnville, I was able to grab 8 (the ad limit is 4, but if you ask nicely they'll bend the limit for you) boxes of the stuff. I also picked up 400 small pistol primers and a pound of Bullseye, both of which I've been unable to find at the Tigard store for the last three weeks.

I like McMinnville! :s0155:

Sporticals on 82nd is out of everything (practically) that goes bang. They are even looking pretty bare on guns! 6 months ago their gun racks were stuffed to the gills now the wall o' guns is lookin pretty thin. Sad.

I was in the local Bi-mart in North Bend (Oregon) the other day, the shelves are looking pretty bare again. I try to buy my ammo from Bi-Mart or a small gun shop, just trying to keep Americans working.

Don't forget the Pig War, up in the San Juan Islands....... back about eighteen ought sixty sumthin.....
I try and check the Bimarts in Oregon when I'm near one... I've got the ones in the Portland area figured out pretty well. that way, no state sales tax, as when I buy in Washington. There is one down near Woodburn that seemed to be fairly well stocked. Part of the problem is military use, but I think the biggest thing is the sudden demand. I heard, from someone who was there, that the first gun show at Portland Expo after the election, all the dealers sold out by noon Friday, folks going out of there with pallet loads. Some were able to reorder, it came Sunday morning, and was all gone by noon again.... and for Friday, they'd brought in several times what they'd usually sell at that show. Seems Mr. O had made some campaign speechification to the tune of he'll be trying to disarm America. With the special cop forces, threats of anarchy and rebellion over the financial mess they've got us in (and the fact they continue to dig the hole deeper) it wouldn 't surprise me.

One problem is, Canada has forbidden private citizens to own handguns.... and, of course, the sorts of crimes that are often deterred by not knowing who might be carrying have risen a lot in the past ten years or so. Long guns, OK, they're for hunting purposes..... sporting,,,,,, target shooting......

Went to the Wal-Mart on 82nd today for some ammo. The only thing they had were a few boxes of .40, a few boxes of .380 (which is what I went there for, score!), and some hunting ammo.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top