JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Yep the only real money makers at these shows are the promoters!!!! At $55/8ft table + whatever they get on the gate there prob is only 1 winner at every gun show! I will forever stick to the locally sponsored shows. At least when a non profit does a show the money made goes to local charities or clubs in the community. +1 on ammo prices saw a guy at they portland show selling reloads for $300/case for milsurp components! I can get factory ammo at cabela's cheaper than that!

im too young to miss the "good old days" of gunshows... might as well have never happened. it's my opinion that gunshows are totally worthless, and the only reason i ever go is when i'm desperate for a case of ammo and cant wait for AmmoMan to ship. so maybe once a year..

little less airsoft, little less beanie babies, and crap junk vietnam era leather gear that should have been burned 30 years ago, and more GOOD DEALS on guns... till then, nein danke.

I'm too young as well and I've never been to one. Everything I hear about them is bad, other than handling something you can't find locally (cocktailer's class 3 fun).

I'd trump it up to where society has gone. Why go to a gunshow and look for deals, when you can sit in your skivvies and order almost anything you want online at nearly wholesale prices. It's the "instant gratification" that people love.

I prefer to buy local, from smaller shops, or reputable dealers. Pay in cash and keep the economy green.

I'm too young as well and I've never been to one. Everything I hear about them is bad, other than handling something you can't find locally (cocktailer's class 3 fun).

I'd trump it up to where society has gone. Why go to a gunshow and look for deals, when you can sit in your skivvies and order almost anything you want online at nearly wholesale prices. It's the "instant gratification" that people love.

I prefer to buy local, from smaller shops, or reputable dealers. Pay in cash and keep the economy green.

As i have mentioned before the when the Measure 5 gun show look hole passed by vote passed it killed what gun shows were . Back before that some really good deals could be found dealers had to compete with private sellers and some truly hated it even enough to boast support for that measure.

there were private sellers with as many guns as the dealers. guys just liqidating family members guns from a estate rather than take then into dealers for pennies on the dollar but giving great deals guys like members on the board just swopping out the old for something new . a guy could get a small table and put his stuff out and sale it or trade for something new haggling for deals was not frowned on (except lowball) and actually encouraged the shows . They were actually fun to go to and worth the money spend because it was hard to leave without buying something. over a miles worth of guns

Since the board of supervisors closed down the Great Western show at Los angeles county fairgrounds in the 90's (1996 I think)I have yet to see a good show. It took up all 7 buildings (football field sized buildings) at the fairgrounds, and, the space in between the buildings. Thousands of vendors and manufacturers had booths, to really go through the show took 3 days, with 2 people and walkies. 250 thousand people would show for at least part of the 4 day show.

no one will ever see the size of that again.

I have always thought the show promoters would get more traffic through the doors if they set up a table to simply do private transfers. I have no real problem following the law but I don't have the desire to do the call in and deal with the fee payment. If there was a table or two where two folks could handle the transfer, I think you'd see a little bit of a return to the old shows. Definitely need to bring back the individual sales to compete with the gun stores.

Gun shows are what you make of them.

They are great if you like hanging out and chatting with other gun buddies, haggling for deals on something you didn;t know you needed, or checking out guns you can't afford.

If you are going to a gun show to pick up an AR lower receiver, you are going to the wrong place.

I wouldn;t go to a gun show with a list of stuff I NEED. Too risky. The stuff I NEED may not be there.

I do hear a lot oof people complain "That show sucks!! I went in for a firing pin for a 1983 AMT Hardballer, and there weren't any. What a joke!!!"

Gun shows are for browsers, and fellowship. Not necessities. I think people take them for granted that way nowadays.

They are great if you like hanging out and chatting with other gun buddies, haggling for deals on something you didn;t know you needed, or checking out guns you can't afford.

If you are going to a gun show to pick up an AR lower receiver, you are going to the wrong place.

I wouldn;t go to a gun show with a list of stuff I NEED. Too risky. The stuff I NEED may not be there.

I do hear a lot oof people complain "That show sucks!! I went in for a firing pin for a 1983 AMT Hardballer, and there weren't any. What a joke!!!"

Gun shows are for browsers, and fellowship. Not necessities. I think people take them for granted that way nowadays.

I think a lot of people are saying they don't go for necessities. They go for the oddball or didnt even know they existed type finds. And those are few and far between these days. Take me back to the gun show garage sale days!

But, I would go just to fondle one of your Serbu's that I wish I could afford. :)

I think a lot of people are saying they don't go for necessities. They go for the oddball or didnt even know they existed type finds. And those are few and far between these days. Take me back to the gun show garage sale days!

I always take time away from my tables to go to the messy/dirty ones that have "junk" on them.

I've found GOLD in them thar hills.:s0114:

But, ya. I know exactly what Kieth's has on his tables, so I never over to that area.

I always take time away from my tables to go to the messy/dirty ones that have "junk" on them.

I've found GOLD in them thar hills.:s0114:

But, ya. I know exactly what Kieth's has on his tables, so I never over to that area.

Grandpa always said....One mans junk is another mans treasure. I've taken pride in finding old items nobody cares about anymore, and turning them into something that starts conversations. So I too love the "junk" tables. Im just one of those guys who always see's the potential in things, cars, trucks, firearms, and heck even women! lol Buy low sell high!

:s0160:

Since the board of supervisors closed down the Great Western show at Los angeles county fairgrounds in the 90's (1996 I think)I have yet to see a good show. It took up all 7 buildings (football field sized buildings) at the fairgrounds, and, the space in between the buildings. Thousands of vendors and manufacturers had booths, to really go through the show took 3 days, with 2 people and walkies. 250 thousand people would show for at least part of the 4 day show.

no one will ever see the size of that again.
How i miss that show ... What a blast

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads