JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I think many of us work at jobs where we are limited in what we can carry or do to ensure our own survival. It sucks, but it is part of being employed in the world today.

I have to wear scrubs all day, so besides having comfortable shoes and clothing on my side, and perhaps my cell phone and keys every other essential survival item has to be kept away from my physical person. I have a locker with my purse and some survival gear, and of course my car...but who can guarantee that I'll be able to get to either of those places?

Guns are strictly prohibited on company property....though I sometimes have a loaded gun or two in my car...I'm kinda taking a risk there....but nobody has ever searched employee's cars that I am aware of.

I carry a taser in my purse as well as various survival items. My car is stocked so that all 3 members of my family could survive trapped in the car for 3+ days...as well as stocked with gear to get home.

But fact is none of us really knows where we'll be if/when the bubblegum hits the fan.

One day each month I have an all day meeting on the top floor of a skyscraper in downtown portland. THAT would be a sucky place to be when it all went down...at that point you just have to rely on knowledge, presence of mind and adaptability....and hope for the best....or pray if that's your thing...

Funny, when I go to work I pack a lunch for a long day. Some of my work days go 18 hrs+. Most people couldn't carry my lunch across the parkinglot to put it in my company truck.:s0112::s0112: Now add to that age and working out doors all day and if SHTF then it's going to be a long haul. Everyone in good shape??Can you walk 20 miles a day, with a pack?

jj

Funny, when I go to work I pack a lunch for a long day. Some of my work days go 18 hrs+. Most people couldn't carry my lunch across the parkinglot to put it in my company truck.:s0112::s0112: Now add to that age and working out doors all day and if SHTF then it's going to be a long haul. Everyone in good shape??Can you walk 20 miles a day, with a pack?

jj

Actuallay I am probably one the few people on here that can and have for months on end, I am backpacker and did the Appalachian Trail end to end, actually did a few 30 mile days with a 30+ lb pack, in 11 hours including breaks (man was I whipped at the end of those days) and hike every weekend and walk as much as i can during the week.

Prepping does not just include putting away food and ammo.

It includes First aid and advanced emergency training (I call combat aid training), walking, hiking, practicing map reading (city and contour maps), finding water in the terrain where live and plan to make your base camp.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top