JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
No need to press check and IMO it is not a good idea. For future reference, there is this little thingy majigger on the right side of the slide right behind the ejection port called an extractor, it will protrude when there is a round in the chamber and recess when empty, it is both visually and tactilely readable in either position.

But then how do I look cool!?

When we had children at home i ALWAYS left my Browning High power on a high shelf with an empty chamber and slightly disconnected mag , as this model will not function if the mag is not inserted all the way. I only had to retrieve it one time in the middle of the night and had no problem remembering to tap the mag and rack the slide. I now keep a Glock by the bed with an empty chamber and frequently carry with an empty chamber. If I am going to a location or situation that I am uncomfortable with, I carry it chambered but have a note in the drawer that i put out to remind me to unload when I return.

I feel very comfortable with my ability to draw and rack the slide.

A0ED38E8-670C-4886-BDCA-3EC2D10E58CE.jpeg

So been carrying my Glock 19 for the last two days back and forth to work.
Well I picked it up today and went to put it in the holster.
Did a quick press check.
And HOLY $#!+.
I been carrying it with nothing in the chamber.
That would have been a bad deal if I needed it.
Mmmmmmm
Hope you aren't a frequent flyer and leave an ooopsy in your carry on some day. Like Ice Cube says "Chick-ity-check yo self. Before you wreck yo self." :D

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top