JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So been carrying my Glock 19 for the last two days back and forth to work.
Well I picked it up today and went to put it in the holster.
Did a quick press check.
And HOLY $#!+.
I been carrying it with nothing in the chamber.
That would have been a bad deal if I needed it.
Mmmmmmm

Had one that "scared" me more than that. It was the time of year I relied a lot on my KT9mm. It was just after the Clinton mag ban left. I ordered one of the flush fit 12 round (LEO Only) mags. Took it to the range, worked great. So next trip to range after week or two more I pull it out and it will not feed even one round. Puzzled I mess with it a little, no matter what it will not chamber a round from that mag. So when I get home I take the damn thing apart. Find the way they got those 2 extra rounds was a really funky looking follower and spring. I took it apart, put it together, now it will chamber a round. Mag went in a junk box. Years later I gave it away to a member on the KTOG group. Warned him I would never trust it he wanted it anyway. All I could think of is if I had needed that damn pistol I would have had one shot only.

Had one that "scared" me more than that. It was the time of year I relied a lot on my KT9mm. It was just after the Clinton mag ban left. I ordered one of the flush fit 12 round (LEO Only) mags. Took it to the range, worked great. So next trip to range after week or two more I pull it out and it will not feed even one round. Puzzled I mess with it a little, no matter what it will not chamber a round from that mag. So when I get home I take the damn thing apart. Find the way they got those 2 extra rounds was a really funky looking follower and spring. I took it apart, put it together, now it will chamber a round. Mag went in a junk box. Years later I gave it away to a member on the KTOG group. Warned him I would never trust it he wanted it anyway. All I could think of is if I had needed that damn pistol I would have had one shot only.
So I bought 3 Magpul Glock mags for each of my Glock lol 3 9 mm and 3 40 Cal .
I used them at the range a few times.
Then I had a PROBLEM with one.
So I started looking into it.
Iol I only found bad things.
So I use them for training mags if they jam or failure to feed no big deal I drop them in the mud dirt .
What ever they only cost 15 bucks .
But I only carry Glock mags in my gun for life and death

Ive been lurking and reading here for years but don't like to post much in open forums. This thread got me so I figured I'd share my system, I do a barrel spot check daily. They only time I am unarmed is when I shower. Like most of you I carry a high lumen flashlight with me everywhere, it takes me two seconds as I undress to showed to muzzle my bathroom mirror (exterior wall mounted, nothing by acres of trees on the other side) and shine my flash on the mirror to safely see down there barrelb and confirm the condition of my sidearm.

Out.

So I bought 3 Magpul Glock mags for each of my Glock lol 3 9 mm and 3 40 Cal .
I used them at the range a few times.
Then I had a PROBLEM with one.
So I started looking into it.
Iol I only found bad things.
So I use them for training mags if they jam or failure to feed no big deal I drop them in the mud dirt .
What ever they only cost 15 bucks .
But I only carry Glock mags in my gun for life and death

I figure Glock mags are cheap enough to never justify buying anything else. The overwhelming majority of issues with auto pistols are mag and ammo related, it makes zero sense to cheap out in either department.

I recently went to the range to practice with my EDC and discovered that the safety was on (never have used the safety before and cannot figure out how it was activated) I was perplexed for a couple minutes as I could not figure out why it would not fire... several tap, rack and pulls before I figured it out.
Glad it happened at range and not in a need to use situation as I would have been toast. (I will be doing the safety delete soon so as to avoid future problems)

I carry a revolver so it isn't a problem for me. I am curious though. If not carrying a round in the chamber is so bad, why do the Israelis use the Israeli Draw? Not finding fault, just curious.
I have a buddy that carries Israeli style. I personally prefer one in the chamber and equate empty chamber carry with not wearing a seat belt and hoping I have time to put it on before the accident impact. (maybe because I am old and draw slowly :()

I carry a revolver so it isn't a problem for me. I am curious though. If not carrying a round in the chamber is so bad, why do the Israelis use the Israeli Draw? Not finding fault, just curious.
Some guys don't carry a round in the chamber.
I do USUALLY.LOL
there are guys on here that do not carry one in the pipe.
I carry a 1911 some times.
But I really have to practice with it more to remember to take the safety off

I will say if they don't carry one in pipe maybe they should carry a revolver and just have a empty hole on the wheel.
That way they could just pull the trigger
Or get a double action.
I have a Ruger P89 that the hammer can be dropped just by putting the safety on.
Then you just take safety off and pull trigger.
The first shot is a Long trigger pull then it's short after first shot.
Accully the p89 is a really good gun .
But it is big bulky and heavy

I figure Glock mags are cheap enough to never justify buying anything else. The overwhelming majority of issues with auto pistols are mag and ammo related, it makes zero sense to cheap out in either department.
Yep they are now. I have a box of old, never used any more after market mags from back in the "dark days" of the great ban. They were originally bought just for range use. Now they gather dust.
When the last great panic shortage was going full speed for a while the "happy sticks" again got VERY expensive. I had a dozen or so but again bought some and ended up with some after market Korean made and US made ones. The idea was the same, they were going to be for fun. None of them worked in any of the PCC's I had so I gave them away here. This is the only reason I have not yet tried one of the drums. They would be great to have but keep getting mixed reviews. Looks like they are hit and miss. Some swear they have one that works great. Others have one the just swear at. For what they run don't yet feel like spending the cash for them. If Glock ever came out with one I would have zero problems paying twice what the others run for one.

I will say if they don't carry one in pipe maybe they should carry a revolver and just have a empty hole on the wheel.
That way they could just pull the trigger
Or get a double action.
I have a Ruger P89 that the hammer can be dropped just by putting the safety on.
Then you just take safety off and pull trigger.
The first shot is a Long trigger pull then it's short after first shot.
Accully the p89 is a really good gun .
But it is big bulky and heavy
Have one of those I only bought when the great ban was going to go in. At the time did not have a double stack 9, did not really want one. Figured if they were going to do away with them I wanted one. Big ugly tank. Many years later it started to look a lot better because it just works so damn good. Ended up keeping it as a "house gun" for Wife. Loaded with +P ammo she can still shoot it. Great since it's just pick it up and it will go 16 times. After years it started to look pretty nice too me :)

Have one of those I only bought when the great ban was going to go in. At the time did not have a double stack 9, did not really want one. Figured if they were going to do away with them I wanted one. Big ugly tank. Many years later it started to look a lot better because it just works so damn good. Ended up keeping it as a "house gun" for Wife. Loaded with +P ammo she can still shoot it. Great since it's just pick it up and it will go 16 times. After years it started to look pretty nice too me :)
Yep still got mine got 20 years ago I guess.
My old mom likes to shoot it because it's heavy and the recoil is reasonable for her to shoot a few mags before it starts to bother her.

Last Edited:
So been carrying my Glock 19 for the last two days back and forth to work.
Well I picked it up today and went to put it in the holster.
Did a quick press check.
And HOLY $#!+.
I been carrying it with nothing in the chamber.
That would have been a bad deal if I needed it.
Mmmmmmm

I'd be willing to bet.......that it will be a long time........before that happens again. Hopefully.

Aloha, Mark

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top