JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So been carrying my Glock 19 for the last two days back and forth to work.
Well I picked it up today and went to put it in the holster.
Did a quick press check.
And HOLY $#!+.
I been carrying it with nothing in the chamber.
That would have been a bad deal if I needed it.
Mmmmmmm

Yep I remember now that I unloaded it the other night .and then just stuck the mag back in.
I usually press check it .
But I guess I flake off .
Won't happen again

I clean mine once every two weeks.

I unload it every week and reload it.

Change ammo every two to three months.

Did a quick press check.
And HOLY $#!+.
Mmmmmmm

Good reminder. loaded.

Yep I change ammo also every few months.
And do a press check but I think I just didn't do it .
The other day NOT A GOOD EXCUSE.
I just got lazy I guess.

Yep I remember now that I unloaded it the other night .and then just stuck the mag back in.
I usually press check it .
But I guess I flake off .
Won't happen again

No need to press check and IMO it is not a good idea. For future reference, there is this little thingy majigger on the right side of the slide right behind the ejection port called an extractor, it will protrude when there is a round in the chamber and recess when empty, it is both visually and tactilely readable in either position.

I know why I unloaded it I put it in a back pack the other day .so I emptied the chamber.
So I wouldn't shoot myself reaching in the bag.
But I flaked out and for got .
So I just took out of bag and put it on.
Didn't check it.DUMB
Or like you said getting old

I know why I unloaded it I put it in a back pack the other day .so I emptied the chamber.
So I wouldn't shoot myself reaching in the bag.
But I flaked out and for got .
So I just took out of bag and put it on.
Didn't check it.DUMB
Or like you said getting old

Keep it a holster in it's own compartment or bag and it isn't an issue.

Keep it a holster in it's own compartment or bag and it isn't an issue.
It was in a holster .I didn't put it on my belt .
I just put gun and holster in bag .but if the gun comes out of holster in the bag .then you have a chance of something getting in the trigger guard.and on a Glock that could be a PROBLEM.
It was a mistake I know but that's what happens when you get in a hurry .I guess I won't be running out the door for work anymore.lol
F work I need to practice good gun maintenance first

Did a quick press check.
And HOLY $#!+.
Mmmmmmm
I have a personal policy of always and I mean always check every sidearm I carry to make sure there is a round in the chamber. I started this after I transported a prisoner to Monroe done of the tower guards had taken the Glasses Safety Slug out of the chamber of my Colt. I'm not sure why I checked it that day but I did. So now ever since I always check.

I have a personal policy of always and I mean always check every sidearm I carry to make sure there is a round in the chamber. I started this after I transported a prisoner to Monroe done of the tower guards had taken the Glasses Safety Slug out of the chamber of my Colt. I'm not sure why I checked it that day but I did. So now ever since I always check.
Lol I just went down to the corner store.
Lol I checked it twice before I walk out the door

It was in a holster .I didn't put it on my belt .
I just put gun and holster in bag .but if the gun comes out of holster in the bag .then you have a chance of something getting in the trigger guard.and on a Glock that could be a PROBLEM.
It was a mistake I know but that's what happens when you get in a hurry .I guess I won't be running out the door for work anymore.lol
F work I need to practice good gun maintenance first
If you are concerned about your gun coming out of it's holster then you need a new holster. I've used these as well....The Zacchaeus© Concealment Holster - Dale Fricke Holsters

What did they do with the round?

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top