JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I apologize for losing track of your original proposed premise. I didn't mean to derail anything with my off-handed comment.
No worries, I just wanted to clarify my position on the matter and clearly we had some thinking of other less malevolent scenarios. I would like to think I have sound and judicious judgement and if someone has broken in to my house, posing a threat, I think a firearm is a justified response. The actual discharge of said firearm would be dependent on several other factors.

I might have an old leather old leather jacket i can do some ballistic testing on with a load of lead #4's. From my years of shooting scatter guns I would predict it would be quite lethal at home defense ranges. And what is an Orcs?
Maybe see if you can arrange for or make a couple of blocks of ballistic gelatin or a reasonable analog. Wrap them both in old tee shirts and cover one with the jacket. I'm sure it will go through the jacket but I'm not sure how much less it will penetrate. I know folks who use wet phone books and say they get results roughly similar to ballistic gelatin.

"And what is an Orcs?"

An Orc is a fictional humanoid creature that is part of a fantasy race akin to goblins.
From Britannica.com:
A different word orc, alluding to a demon or ogre, appears in Old English glosses of about ad 800 and in the compound word orcnēas ("monsters") in the poem Beowulf. As with the Italian orco ("ogre") and the word ogre itself, it ultimately derives from the Latin Orcus, a god of the underworld. The Old English creatures were most likely the inspiration for the orcs that appear in J.R.R. Tolkien's The Lord of the Rings.

In colloquial usage in this context it applies to a subhuman criminal of any race.

1. 12 Ga pump at the ready. 00 buck.
2. a Taurus judge with 410 shells. stuff in the back of the undies while hefting the 12 Ga
3. a 44mag lever gun nearby.
4. high cap XDM 45 acp with laser/light.
then a various selection of 357 magnum revolvers within reach.
i'm w you on this one-like to have a variety to deal with whatever may occur-couple handguns, shotgunn w 00, and ar for multiple threats-brights lights and blades just in case as well

A 5.56 round is LOUD, especially in an enclosed space, and I have no intention of causing myself permanent hearing damage while defending myself given other options. My HD long gun choice is a 9mm carbine which will do everything I would need in a HD situation unless the perp happens to be wearing body armor, and in that case the long gun makes head and pelvic shots much easier. This is just my own personal choice and opinion based on how much I like my hearing, and if you have a suppressor on your 5.56 or plan to put electronic muffs on you and all your family members before addressing the task at hand, please disregard.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top