JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This is a common problem w/plastic stocks
All I could recommend is to inspect the forend to see if it will accept some plywood inserts to make it more ridged and shoot some expanding foam into the void in the butt-stock

There IS abig void in the forearm.I was thinking of putting some sort of aluminum rod in it or something like that.maybe a nice new wood stock would be a better choice?

What are you trying to accomplish? More accuracy? Longer range? What?

It does little good to drop money on a new aftermarket stock if you are not using it for its purpose. If you have a Rem. 700 in 30.06 and use it for hunting every season, I'd say leave it as is.....If you want to completely redo what you have, provide some more info, we're here to help!

Thanks to all for the replys.The rifle shoots ok,not great but acceptable for hunting.I was just wanting to squeeze a little more accuracy out of it.probably more than anything,I want to see positive results from a little tinkering.Not looking for a 1000 yrd rifle,its only a 243w anyway.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top