JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Yeah, I vividly remember the Columbus day storm. I also remember that folks in my, inner SE, neighborhood were pretty well off for food, battery's, alternative heat sources. And, we helped each other out! Hard to believe these days!

Lyons is the tip of the iceberg - the CO roadway system is a mess from the floods. The only way out of Estes Park is over trail ridge road (only open seasonally to the west) as the road south is flooded out and the road east to Loveland/Ft. Collins is destroyed. The town of Drake (part way down the Big Thompson canyon from Estes is stranded - the bridge east and west of them have washed out and the roadway is destroyed. could be some time before they have a road to use. Unless I-25 has reopened the only highway out of Greeley that is not flooded is 85 north to Cheyenne. Even the railroads are out of business - east of Greeley at Kersey hwy 34 is flooded to the point that the water comes up to the railroad crossing guard arms. More rain is coming today. In short CO may have tossed out 2 senators and won a battle but they are loosing on the infrastructure front till drier days.

You never know?? I remember one Columbus Day in the 60's, here in Oregon!!

And there were the floods of 1996 and 2007. I live adjacent / near to low lying areas. We were cut off for 3 days. No big deal to us. We still had power, and water, just not able to get around much. We have enough food stored for a lot longer than that. I was able to extract several people who took vehicles they should not have into flood waters.

It could happen again. Tomorrow, tonight, next week.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top