JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
The wife just bought the next best thing - the SD9VE. It's the latest in the lineage of the Sigma line - and this one doesn't suck. They refined the trigger, the styling, and the quality and came up with a gun that runs between $300 and $350 new.

It doesn't have the fit & finish of the M&P, but it's $100 less.

It doesn't have multiple back straps of the M&P, but it's $100 less.

It doesn't have as light of a trigger of the M&P - but it's great grand daddy was the Sigma, known for nearly unusable triggers. Wife's version is breaking at about 7lbs - and isn't gritty. It feels just like the trigger on a Kahr. And it's $100 less than an M&P.

For a gun the same size as my Glock 19 - it holds one more round in the stainless magazines.

Sights give a good picture out of the box, especially for plastic sights. They do use the same dovetails as M&P sights - thus making replacements a snap to find if she wants (she likes the factory sights though).

We found that it will fit most M&P holsters and has the same general lines of the M&P series. Oddly - this newest "Sigma" weighs less, loaded, than my M&P Compact does. I think that's because the baby M&P has more metal in the slide. Overall profile of the slide is similar to the M&P, they seem to use the same extractors and roll pins.

Very cool little pistol for the money. It's a natural pointer and very comfortable to hold. If it shoots like it feels, I might pick a 2nd one up and shelve my Glock as my EDC pistol until Smith gives into my pleading and makes an M&P in this size (it's right smack dab in the middle between the full size and compact 9mm M&Ps)

Can't wait to get out and shoot it now.

They are good guns, VERY under-rated in my opinion. I had one, then sold it to fund another project but I kinda wish I had kept it. I can buy another one easily though at that price point. Definitely a natural pointer, I'm glad I'm not the only one that thinks so!

I owned an SD40VE and sold it to get another gun, but ended up wishing I hadn't sold it. I really liked it. It's definitely underrated pistol, and well worth the price. I would have no problem trusting one as a self-defense gun. I'm planning to add one back into my collection again.

Bought my sigma used for $250 in 2001. It was my first EDC so i could leave my $700 sig p228 at home so not to get beat up. Still have it (have the 228 as well)and many have shot it. Have over a dozen handguns now and all are worth more. But not all of them shoot as well. Sold my xds .45 after the the recall fixed the trigger. Carry a 227 now. IMHO, the sigma is a better shooter/edc/pistol than that xds which is most of why the xds is no longer mine yet the sigma 9mm is.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top