JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Oh right. Yeah. It's a plot to keep criminals out of jail. What a clever way for people elected to public office to keep their constituents happy while raking in those big campaign donations from affluent junkies, gang members, petty thieves and the mentally ill! I feel so enlightened!

Liberals can be all for social justice but they still want gang members doing drive-bys, bike and catalytic converter thieves, DV perps, thieves and rapists caught, arrested, charged, convicted and jailed. I know not one pinko who doesn't want the dbag who stole her bike to pay because of the thief's unfortunate childhood.

It's more politically palatable to fund prosecutors than indigent defense attorneys, especially for the law and order types, but if PDs aren't funded the system doesn't work.
You mischaracterized what he wrote. There were news stories put out today about incoming house freshmen wanting to abolish prisons. That's what he's talking about.

When PDs were funded, the system wasn't working so great either.

You mischaracterized what he wrote. There were news stories put out today about incoming house freshmen wanting to abolish prisons. That's what he's talking about.

When PDs were funded, the system wasn't working so great either.
As if some incoming house reps opinion on much can be ascribed to a larger group. I certainly don't think some outspoken Q-Annon adherent fool congress person from elsewhere speaks for most of my conservative neighbors.

There are idiots of all ideological stripes. Lots of people are idiots, but most aren't.

As if some incoming house reps opinion on much can be ascribed to a larger group. I certainly don't think some outspoken Q-Annon adherent fool congress person from elsewhere speaks for most of my conservative neighbors.

There are idiots of all ideological stripes. Lots of people are idiots, but most aren't.
I hear you, but bad ideas gotta start somewhere. Eventually they are ascribed to a larger group and they impose their will on the rest of us.

I would say letting people commit crimes without any repercussions is idiotic. Yet, here we are.

Oh right. Yeah. It's a plot to keep criminals out of jail. What a clever way for people elected to public office to keep their constituents happy while raking in those big campaign donations from affluent junkies, gang members, petty thieves and the mentally ill! I feel so enlightened!

Liberals can be all for social justice but they still want gang members doing drive-bys, bike and catalytic converter thieves, DV perps, thieves and rapists caught, arrested, charged, convicted and jailed. I know not one pinko who doesn't want the dbag who stole her bike to pay because of the thief's unfortunate childhood.

It's more politically palatable to fund prosecutors than indigent defense attorneys, especially for the law and order types, but if PDs aren't funded the system doesn't work.
If so, explain to me why the polity here, where "liberals" (using your word) are in charge of, indeed have a mandate to use, all the levers of power, haven't funded PD to a level commensurate with need?

Who knows? I can't begin to expound on how state budget dollars get allocated, that's politics beyond my scope of knowledge, the state's revenue streams and what is mandated to be funded. I do know that state $ allocated now are based on decisions made a few years ago. But I don't think it's a plot to keep people out of jail. I can't speak for all liberal folks, but most of us want legitimately bad folks off the streets and in jail.

Last Edited:
I think you're trying to defend a position that is too weak to defend.

Lol typing this up before you answered, so have to cross out the above. Of all the posters that I think of as lefties you're the straightest shooter. Can't criticize "I don't know."

Occam's Razor; the simplest explanation is best. The maxim "never attribute malice where incompetence will suffice." As well, the maxim "when someone tells you who they are, believe them." All may be applicable here.

Funding of PD is entirely political will. I don't buy the idea that "our hands are tied by past decisions." It's political BS, a lie, as shown by the number of "emergencies" that out of nowhere find funding. The money exists. How it is allocated is controlled unilaterally by the electeds; by the time they have the money any checks and balances are in the rear view mirror. And in our fair city/county/state those electeds are by a huge majority "liberals".

Incompetence in this case plays no part; they are very competent at spending money. That's all the competency we're talking about here. This isn't a story about corrupt PD, or idiot PD, or anything really to do with the doingness of PD. It's a claim of "we don't have enough because we have no money."

You won't find anyone, not ONE, person in city or county gov here who will say they are against decarceration. Many of them avow it. All at the very least are quietly acquiescent. All of them also at least acquiesce to the "aspiration" of abolishment. Some actively say it's both a good idea and doable.

So, given that they have the power, know how to use it, and have stated (good gawd if only they'd shut up about it!) their philosophy I'll use the razor to assert the reason there's "not enough" PD. Or enforcement of the law in general.

The reason is they don't want there to be.

If so, explain to me why the polity here, where "liberals" (using your word) are in charge of, indeed have a mandate to use, all the levers of power, haven't funded PD to a level commensurate with need?
Politicians, elites, ideologues, those who wield a lot of power...

They all don't care about the wants or needs of the masses. Those are lesser beings, that don't have the knowledge, ability, or will to understand what is best. Their suffering is only good to leverage for continued power, is ignored and marginalized, or ridiculed as the need of the illuminated dictates.

All sides, all parties, all.

I'm really interested if Schmidt said out loud that the DA's office wasn't prosecuting felon in possession cases, and, if so what the rationale for that decision. If someone can point to a quote in a reputable paper or a recent broadcast where he says that--specifically felon in possession cases--I want to hear it. I understand equity arguments in charging decisions, especially regarding property and public offense crimes--whether you agree or not--because the DA has historically dramatically overcharged everybody to create serious risk for defendants to extract plea deals from them. Some of the charging is for measure 11 crimes where the evidence is pretty skinny, but the risk to the defendant's liberty, long-term, is pretty serious. I've got a buddy who was caught selling something he shouldn't have and when the police searched his home they found a pistol and charged him will selling drugs with a weapon that would have dramatically increased his potential sentence, so he pled guilty with diversion and only got his gun rights restored after 25 years of being an upstanding successful citizen. I know another guy who got charged with DV and pled guilty--even though it was self-defense-- because he didn't want to miss work and he could enter diversion and get the plea expunged.

Maybe they have over-chaged more for brown folks (or at least those that they thought might have gang involvement) but it's pretty clear DA's have done it for everyone, the equity piece is more white folks can afford private counsel to push on the DA to get charges reduced.

OH, hey! Schmidt was just on the radio saying some felony in possession cases have been dismissed. He doesn't want the cases to be dismissed. The problem is there aren't enough PD's and if someone who is charged can't be given a lawyer in a reasonable period of time the court dismisses their case regardless of the DA's preferences. The state has never paid PD's similarly to DA's and state public defense organizations have 30% less PD's then they need. Apparently there really is not process for the DA to determine whether lawyers are available for public defense or not, so the DA's are triaging cases in how they charge them and are not seriously pursuing charges if there wasn't a direct victim, which actually could be felon in possession if the defendant was arrested for some crime without a direct victim. The Constitution also ensures that Defendants' have a right to a speedy trial and a right to counsel too. The criminal justice system only works with two sides.
"No available public defenders" This is all on a taped interview.

As much as a i hate Florida, it is looking greener. Pun intended.

I stick around for the hunting opportunity.
Yep, Florida (the Blonde's home state)... she has connections there, but getting me to leave Colorado would take an act of GOD, as they say. Not sure Im ready to deal with vipers and gators, not to mention all sorts of noxious insects..

SINCE "Q" WAS MENTIONED ABOVE:

The Q and Q Anon followers are bat s crazy and in many cases they are VIOLENT.

And not just because they wanted to hang the former VP and said it plain as day and showed the rope, etc.

SOME, not all of them, want to hurt and murder some people too.

Some of them got STOPPED in their tracks for wanting to do this too. January 6th time.

I consider Q and his ILK one BIG PSYOP and a CULT in it's own way and tons more - way worse that your 'average' brainwashed ANTI .gov political group.

Biden and Trump have their own CULT followers just like Hill/Bill, Obama, the Bushies, etc. Some of those people really WORSHIP their men/women and think that they can't do anything wrong.

Many of their followers are just as sick as their 'gods' aka past and present leaders.

I group the PSYOP 'Q' - TRUST THE PLAN BS TALK and the suckers drawn into IT right IN with the Antifa violent freaks - many OTHER criminal rioters and they are in another violent - destructive CULT.

Maybe we can send the sincere but brainwashed Q nut job followers to OFF OF THE COAST of Alaska or to another country. Antifa groups can JOIN THEM THERE!

If they are not starting their own problems - they are getting their cult followers in their GROUP killed or wounded while they 'think' that they are saving the world. Trust the plan bs talk - LOL.

Meanwhile, their fearless leader or leaders (Past and present ones.) only seem to STIR THE POT SOME MORE just to get attention. They stir the POT and abandon their followers. Peaceful ones and violent ones.

When they win - they say that they WON.

When they lose - they say it is due to x, y or z or it is ALWAYS some other deal or excuse.

ALL states need VOTER ID CARDS with absolute proof of being a legal citizen with your current name and valid address.

You need to VOTE IN PERSON or hand in your election ballot to the Board of Elections in your township, town, county, etc. GET MARKED OFF THE LIST.

This state lets the 'homeless' aka in MOST CASES the transient/bums vote and they can say that they live by a river or under a bridge or whatever for their HOME ADDRESS. I saw this when I first moved here while reading the Board of Elections website.

Right now, with the MESS IN TEXAS on the border... you will have ALL KINDS of illegal aliens wanting to vote. And many stupid yet crazy like a fox politicians want the ILLEGAL ALIENS to vote too. Crazy Land.

To keep this GUN RELATED - I would NEVER MOVE TO ANOTHER STATE just for a GUN REASON.

I would move for retirement (Or a JOB if I was younger or for a change of scenery or climate.) as planned to one or two states as discussed with my late husband before his cancer discovery and death and while he was dying.

You can run but not hide when it comes to the cancer spreading with ANTI CONSTITUTION folks whether they have a D, a R or WHATEVER by their stinking names.

Old Lady Cate

Last Edited:

The Q nut jobs do NOT speak for OLD FASHIONED conservatives or even CLASSIC old style liberals. You are correct when it comes to your conservative neighbors.

NO more than VIOLENT antifa rioters speak for so called SJW liberals.

Q was and still IS one BIG psyop but the brainwashed followers are just that - brainwashed!

Cate

Politicians, elites, ideologues, those who wield a lot of power...

They all don't care about the wants or needs of the masses. Those are lesser beings, that don't have the knowledge, ability, or will to understand what is best. Their suffering is only good to leverage for continued power, is ignored and marginalized, or ridiculed as the need of the illuminated dictates.

All sides, all parties, all.
THIS is true.

Cate

Well my Oregon house is under contract and I am under contract for a new construction build in Idaho with a close date of late June. Almost time to get out of here. Should be closing right when we get our ODFW results for probably my last resident hunting application for Oregon. If ODFW has any interest in population retention.....Id love to see all my premium tags and my mountain goat tag show up as selected.

Well my Oregon house is under contract and I am under contract for a new construction build in Idaho with a close date of late June. Almost time to get out of here. Should be closing right when we get our ODFW results for probably my last resident hunting application for Oregon. If ODFW has any interest in population retention.....Id love to see all my premium tags and my mountain goat tag show up as selected.
Good on ya, mate! :s0155:

I'm still shopping for land in Idaho County. About a month ago, I had 28+ acres "stolen" from me by mere minutes in the timing of the offers. Really got me fumin', but I'm over it now. The search continues...

I've been trying to pull an antelope tag for over 20 years in Oregon. They don't like us out-of-staters so much, it seems.

SINCE "Q" WAS MENTIONED ABOVE:

The Q and Q Anon followers are bat s crazy and in many cases they are VIOLENT.

And not just because they wanted to hang the former VP and said it plain as day and showed the rope, etc.

SOME, not all of them, want to hurt and murder some people too.

Some of them got STOPPED in their tracks for wanting to do this too. January 6th time.

I consider Q and his ILK one BIG PSYOP and a CULT in it's own way and tons more - way worse that your 'average' brainwashed ANTI .gov political group.

Biden and Trump have their own CULT followers just like Hill/Bill, Obama, the Bushies, etc. Some of those people really WORSHIP their men/women and think that they can't do anything wrong.

Many of their followers are just as sick as their 'gods' aka past and present leaders.

I group the PSYOP 'Q' - TRUST THE PLAN BS TALK and the suckers drawn into IT right IN with the Antifa violent freaks - many OTHER criminal rioters and they are in another violent - destructive CULT.

Maybe we can send the sincere but brainwashed Q nut job followers to OFF OF THE COAST of Alaska or to another country. Antifa groups can JOIN THEM THERE!

If they are not starting their own problems - they are getting their cult followers in their GROUP killed or wounded while they 'think' that they are saving the world. Trust the plan bs talk - LOL.

Meanwhile, their fearless leader or leaders (Past and present ones.) only seem to STIR THE POT SOME MORE just to get attention. They stir the POT and abandon their followers. Peaceful ones and violent ones.

When they win - they say that they WON.

When they lose - they say it is due to x, y or z or it is ALWAYS some other deal or excuse.

ALL states need VOTER ID CARDS with absolute proof of being a legal citizen with your current name and valid address.

You need to VOTE IN PERSON or hand in your election ballot to the Board of Elections in your township, town, county, etc. GET MARKED OFF THE LIST.

This state lets the 'homeless' aka in MOST CASES the transient/bums vote and they can say that they live by a river or under a bridge or whatever for their HOME ADDRESS. I saw this when I first moved here while reading the Board of Elections website.

Right now, with the MESS IN TEXAS on the border... you will have ALL KINDS of illegal aliens wanting to vote. And many stupid yet crazy like a fox politicians want the ILLEGAL ALIENS to vote too. Crazy Land.

To keep this GUN RELATED - I would NEVER MOVE TO ANOTHER STATE just for a GUN REASON.

I would move for retirement (Or a JOB if I was younger or for a change of scenery or climate.) as planned to one or two states as discussed with my late husband before his cancer discovery and death and while he was dying.

You can run but not hide when it comes to the cancer spreading with ANTI CONSTITUTION folks whether they have a D, a R or WHATEVER by their stinking names.

Old Lady Cate
Why is it the border "mess" is only in Texas? CA, AZ, and NM have it under control?

I've been trying to pull an antelope tag for over 20 years in Oregon. They don't like us out-of-staters so much, it seems.
They don't don't like us in-staters so much either. I've hunted antelope only once and I've lived here a looooooooooooooong time. I've got 17 points and counting.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top