JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
We came close twice, moving to the Oregon coast. Being retired, the more we looked at the financial consequences of state income tax, the more we hesitated. 114 seals the deal, not that WA won't try the same nonsense next. It really sucks having to develop life strategies based on getting porked less by government, but that's what it's become.

If you leave then they win. We need people to stay and fight and not just run over to the next state. That's what they want. You leave, the state becomes a little bit more blue, soon the entire state will be blue because you've all left us. This law barely passed. If you all leave then bubblegum like this will pass by a landslide in the future. It's not the answer. It'll be a domino effect until there's only one red state left because everybody's solution is just to move. It's not going to end well for one red state in a sea of blue.

Anyone in this thread making the claim that a move based on one measure alone is silly, isn't seeing it for what it is.
Our constitutional rights are being violated. Period. bubblegum Oregon voters who didn't see this and bubblegum any politician, police officer or anyone else allowing this to happen.
Any constitutional rights being violated should end with the violater receiving the harshest of punishments.
Pro tip on how not to become a little known right wing martyr. Before you bring out the Gadsen flags, armor and rifles make sure you're not goinig to get prosecuted or killed for YOUR belief of what the constitution means instead of a Federal court's.

I agree that we need to stay and fight these laws and have more 2a community.
Promotion here for the members who are considering moving, and to recoup the mountain of cash I just spent on mags:, I am a born and raised Oregonian and my specialty is a Real Estate Agent in the Valley, I will list your home and when it sells, 25% of my commission will be donated to a 2A foundation or Gun Range of your choice! Call 5O3-3I2-243O Tony Gomes- Licensed broker in Oregon. Seriously! :s0014:

Last Edited:
Pro tip on how not to become a little known right wing martyr. Before you bring out the Gadsen flags, armor and rifles make sure you're not goinig to get prosecuted or killed for YOUR belief of what the constitution means instead of a Federal court's.

60c0c13edb463.jpeg

Where are you going to flee to when we lose the country?

The other side gets active in politics, they vote. Our side runs from struggle. Guess how that story will end.
Reagan figured it out in the 1960s and he mentions that in his speech, "A time for choosing".

I don't believe the right (assuming that's your side) runs from struggles based on how evenly divide the country is on some pretty big issues. IMO the left loses from trying to make everyone happy, the right loses by failing to compromise on some major issues that many people care about.

I don't believe the right (assuming that's your side) runs from struggles based on how evenly divide the country is on some pretty big issues. IMO the left loses from trying to make everyone happy, the right loses by failing to compromise on some major issues that many people care about.
The modern left loses by frequently championing laws and policies that are blatantly against the Constitution.

Reasonable compromises lose from both sides because they all try to pass legislation in the form of Trojan Horse packages; with topics, policies, spending, stipulations, etc…that deviate from the original purpose of the proposed legislation.

My problem is the minority of the electorate that are hard-core anti-choice. The GOP needs to pander to them in order to get elected in all but the reddest states.

Remember the phrase "snowflake" used to describe certain "liberal" folks complaining about being treated poorly in society (and many of us probably agreed with the label). Crying "cancel culture" is snowflaking for conservatives. Personally, AM a fan of science based public health rules. The idea that America is a free country and one is at liberty to do what one wants is great, but one's liberty will always be limited by some societal rules to protect others from behavior that can harm others.

Anyway, I'm a city guy. I want to be able to walk to the grocery store, buy books directly from a local vendor, buy actual records st a record store, and eat at at a decent restaurant without driving far. Portland's problems are no worse than similar sized cities (apologies, but I dislike Boisie) and we still have quick access to public lands. The upside is if SHTF I'm better armed than my neighbors.
We keep losing that access to shooting places on public lands. Many of the easier access points get turned into nature trails. By left leaning individuals who moved to those areas.

Last Edited:
We were looking for a long time, Montana where Mom & Dad are buried and we have burial plots, South Dakota, my birthplace (Deadwood) and the extended family nexus, and Wyoming, have some more history there.

Still, I think we are staying till death and then buried in Billings.

I am joining local groups. I am trying to meet like minded people and hope to one day get more involved politically. I think if more people are properly trained about gun safety and it being a tool. I t would help with the negative views on guns. We have a drug and mental health problem that no one wants to talk about. They want to blame the guns. More also need to learn the reason for the 2A. I hope more will stand up for 2A. With crime going nuts. I think the pendulum is going to swing to a major support of 2A. Unfortunately our gov is so rotten and corrupted that it is in fear of the people knowing their rights. I think Canada is a precursor to what they want to do here. I will say that I am very discouraged by the way this country handle the mandates.

Last Edited:
The modern left loses by frequently championing laws and policies that are blatantly against the Constitution.

Reasonable compromises lose from both sides because they all try to pass legislation in the form of Trojan Horse packages; with topics, policies, spending, stipulations, etc…that deviate from the original purpose of the proposed legislation.
I feel like I'm already too deep in the political pool and the lifeguards might give me a time out, but the last President just suggested doing away with parts of the Constitution. I recognize he doesn't speak for all the right, but that's pretty shocking.

Your second paragraph just describes American politics and the legislative process, whether the law-makers are right or left. When the right does it, their constituents think it's great or simply don't know because they aren't opposed to the overall legislation. When the left does it, the reverse happens. I'm one of those folks who remembers when America was less polarized….bubblegum Nixon signed most of the major environmental legislation on the books which were passed with bipartisan support.

We have a drug and mental health problem that no one wants to talk about.
Oh, everyone talks about it...turn on any radio/tv station. The problem is no real legislation is being enacted to actually address. We used to have mental institutions for those that qualified, but then our judges & legislators decided that "these people" have rights to be the nut-cases they are and be among the public. Part of the problem back then was determining "who qualified" for institutionalization...and how would you do that now in today's world? So many questions to be answered while the left and the right scream at each other over partisan politics instead of working together to solve real issues.

My personal protest position has been to always vote out ALL incumbents...left or right....especially judges. We have too many people that have been in congress/local law for too many years....they say they represent me when they want my vote, but I don't see it in the results of their overall voting records. 20+ years (or more) as an elected civil servant doesn't mean spit....it means you know how to work the system and the people to be continuously re-elected while lining your pockets and getting one of the largest retirement & health coverage benefits ever devised at the expense of us, the taxpayer mule. There endeth the lesson.

Losing your right, free access to something without permission, is not a compromise. Especially, when it comes to gun control...never works. Oregon has passed several gun laws and that hasn't stopped the rise in homicides.

The gun control advocates never cease to recognize they are going the wrong way and fail to compromise on better education on firearms, holding individuals and groups responsible for their actions and stop their selective enforcement in the courts.

Finally, since gun control efforts are not based on facts, pro gun rights individuals do not trust them.

Look at the topic of this thread. This desire to flee to rural states is escapism. You also need to look at low voter turnout in conservative voting districts, notably eastern WA.

The Left does not want to make everyone happy. That you would say such nonsense, you must have slept through the Antifa/BLM riots that lasted seven months.

Last Edited:
Personally, AM a fan of science based public health rules.
Yeah, the bogus idea sold to the public, when reality Fauci was right when he first said in Feb 2020 that masks don't stop covid spread, the 6' distancing myth was akin to unicorns and never based on science. Our state and federal health agencies were politicized to promote poorly tested vaccines with rapidly diminishing efficacy over viable therapeutics and denial of natural immunity.

Not to mention the fact that all accumulating evidence validates the original "conspiracy theory" that Covid-19 came from the Wuhan Lab and did not emerge in the wild, or that any of these facts I just wrote were banned and censored by mailstream and social media for years, because they went against a political narrative, a Democrat narrative, many of whom praised the Chinese model of authoritarian population control during the pandemic. Some of us failed the compliance test.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top