JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Weather?? Seriously? I guess if you like humid subtropics... and bugs. :D

I've spent time in both North and South Carolina... and wouldn't even make it in a "top 25" of places to settle in. I've lived quite a number of states and have to say... nothing East of the Mississippi has any attraction, whatsoever.

What many find attractive in a state though probably relies more on what they are most familiar with and get's the most "hits" in within their personal comfort zones.

Nah. Bugs are hardly an issue in the midlands to upstate. Even the modest humidity ( compared to Florida and the gulf coast ) is something you get acclimated to in the first year. 2nd year on its hardly even noticed. LOTS of transplants in the Charlotte to midland SC area from the Northeast and refugees from California. Charlotte is practically a New Jersey subburb these days.

Good news (in my opinion) for Idaho:
If the US continues down the path it's on... I've long thought it won't be long before there are clear geographical splits based on ideologies. The blues turning 100% blue and red doing the same. Becoming bastions rather than bi-partisan democratic states.

I think most people are able to live in a give and take political climate within a state, but the woke movement is so extreme, even if they are not the majority they seem driven to destroy anything and anyone that doesn't drink their cool-aid. "Live and let live" is completely off the table and most rational people didn't sign up to have a daily fight on their hands just trying to live out their own lives as they see fit.

Nah. Bugs are hardly an issue in the midlands to upstate. Even the modest humidity ( compared to Florida and the gulf coast ) is something you get acclimated to in the first year. 2nd year on its hardly even noticed. LOTS of transplants in the Charlotte to midland SC area from the Northeast and refugees from California. Charlotte is practically a New Jersey subburb these days.
It's true peoples bodies will acclimate to tolerate conditions better, but sorry... hot and humid is always going to be hot and humid... and still unpleasant for many. Able to better tolerate it is not the same as being impervious to it.

Just like I'm sure you can still hear Alaskans saying from time to time... "DAMN it's friggin cold!!!".🤣

It's true peoples bodies will acclimate to tolerate conditions better, but sorry... hot and humid is always going to be hot and humid... and still unpleasant for many. Able to better tolerate it is not the same as being impervious to it.

Just like I'm sure you can still hear Alaskans saying from time to time... "DAMN it's friggin cold!!!".🤣
I don't even notice it in the summer. The heat isn't too bad at about 100 max but then again I'll go on a 25 mile bike ride when it's 100 . When it gets hot like that the humidity actually drops to 60% on a bad day. It's the morning when it's 95% and 80 degrees that feel hotter. Compare that to 117 bone dry in the Dalles when I lived there. I'll never live in the west of the cascades rain pit again.

How about shooting areas? We are spoiled here having wide open BLM lands,
There's fantastic state ranges all over the state on forest land $50 a year and unsupervised. 3 of them within 50 miles of where I live. Shoot whatever, they don't care

I like bone dry weather. properly maintained and detailed cars like bone dry weather too. ;) a little humidity isn't bad. A rainy season is nice when it's moderately warm.
I travel all over the country for work. Whenever I find out I'm going to Utah or Idaho in the winter I shiver internally. I'll take a hot summer over a cold winter any day

I think most people are able to live in a give and take political climate within a state, but the woke movement is so extreme, even if they are not the majority they seem driven to destroy anything and anyone that doesn't drink their cool-aid. "Live and let live" is completely off the table and most rational people didn't sign up to have a daily fight on their hands just trying to live out their own lives as they see fit.
full.gif

You can run, but you cannot hide.
I'll run to a free state before I'll hide. And I'll keep running to free states until there are no more. And when that obtains, I'll either already be dead, or if I'm still breathing, then I'll take to the cartridge box and get snuffed eventually. Either way, I will have lived the remainder of my life in freer states than this shiithole, and died on my feet fighting to the end instead of on my knees like a ruled subject...

Leftists should try some of the new cologne I got...

Libertarian cologne.JPG

We've had this discussion umpteeen times on this board before. I'm done fighting a forever-losing war, and I'm done having Seattle vote for me. I can't stand the politics here, and I see no legal way of altering the status quo short of a hot war involving a significant purge in Olympia. So, I'm done with this shiithole state. I'll be moving to where more people think not just the Right way, but the correct way. Good luck to you all, and just know that y'all will be welcome to come shoot with me at my place in Idaho...
well if you end up near CDA let me know.

Last Edited:
well if you end up near CDA let me know.
Several counties further south. Either Clearwater or Idaho County, somewhere between Orofino (Dworshak Reservoir) and Grangeville. Discovered that area 30+ years ago and have been going there almost every year since. Love it, especially the South Fork of the Clearwater River, the granite domes, and forested mountains.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors February Gun Show
Portland, OR
Central Oregon Sportsmen's show
Redmond, OR
Rickreall Gun Show
Rickreall, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top