JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have bought a few guns from the folks at Beaverton Pawn and they are friendly and willing to wheel and deal. As long as you know what you are looking at and have a good idea of it's value you can get a great deal.

I've dealt with them several times and they have always been reasonable.
They also always have a " Cash Talks " sign, and it does. They can be flexible on their prices.

Personally I enjoy dealing with them. I have a fair degree of knowledge and have never had a problem getting a lower price out of them I just bought a 10/22 for $100 and the thing was about brand new. So if they have what you want ask for a price you are willing to pay they may say yes.
K

Never bought from them, but they were really nice. They had an M38 for sale for $200, I told them (kindly) that it was priced far over the going rate. The guy wasn't ticked off or anything, and he wanted my honest opinion on what it was worth. I would feel good purchasing from them.

Nathan

They may be "flexible" on price and "willing to haggle," but when their price tag is double what I can buy it for elsewhere, I don't even bother.

Example: $200 Mosin-Nagant 91/30. Nothing special about it. Two of them at that price. Even Big Five doesn't sell them for that much.

LOL
AHH Well. I would still offer $80 if I wanted one. I guess that is in response to my buying one with bayonet, cleaning kit, strap, ammo bandolier, oil can etc and hard case for $90 then letting them know after I fully examined it that the gun was worth a bit more that that to a collector. :) I have offered less than half the asking for guns there and they have said yes.
K

Was there once. People seemed nice. Selection of guns was small and priced high. Shame on me I missed the "Money Talks" sign. Next time I go there, I will look for the sign and if they have something I am looking for, I will try to buy it. Untill then I am holding off on the vote.

Bought a pistol from there once and have gone in there to browse several times. There was an older guy there who sold me the pistol. He seemed courteous and well-informed, and was definitely willing to negotiate on prices, which is good because marked prices are sometimes a bit steep.

Their new sister shop (I believe it's part of the same business) Hillsboro Pawn, on the other hand, is kind of iffy. Prices are often fair, but also often far from it. Went in there to see what they'd buy a couple of my pistols for, one of the pistols he identified (he was pretty rude about it, by the way) as a "really cheap gun, I'd be able to sell it for $75-$100 at best" and then offered me $20 for it, and still acted like he'd be doing me a big favor. Some weeks later, I came in there and see the same model of gun, in the same condition, being sold for $200. I know they're out there to make a profit, and that's all well and good but when they offer you 10-12% of fair market value, it's clearly more about ripping you off than it is about paying the bills.

Hey, anything is worth exactly what someone else is willing to pay for it. Make them an offer on something you want that you feel is within reason and the worst they can say is no. That's why it's called SALES!

Haven't purchased any guns there. But i did buy a digital camera. They were having a sale on electronics and it was already fairly priced. I saw a small camera bag in the case and asked if it came with it. The guy said if it fit and i bought it then i could have it. It fit and i bought a nice digital camera with bag and memory card for $32. Going price then was around $125 new without case or card.

This may classify as a different review, but I wanted to mention that Beaverton Pawn has a large, newly remodeled location as well. They are always glad to call over and check on items for me, I stop in a few times a week because something new is always coming off hold!

Hillsboro Pawn
1545 SE Tualatin Valley Hwy
Hillsboro, OR 97123
(503) 640-7300

Not exactly a new remodeled location. Hillsboro Pawn is a second store, same guy owns both stores.
Same philosophy at both stores "we make no money if it sits on the shelf." :) Probably because the manager is the same at both stores??? Any who I enjoy dealing with them.

they are affiliated with (same people) as Hillsboro Pawn. Tried to deal mostly with Hillsboro Pawn. They do not budge on handgun prices - that's been my experience. Well, I don't consider $10 lower than sticker budging. I did make a cash offer once - $50 below sticker - and they said no thanks. Gun still sits there.

Resource discussions are for general chit-chat. Use the buttons near the top to ask a question or write a review for this resource.