JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
well, I guess it has to do with the fact that I'm the type guy car dealerships see coming :) you know, the starry eyes and drool kinda give it away for me. I don't play poker either LOL. I dunno - that one day at Hillsboro Pawn, I pulled out a wad of cash and offered on a handgun and he said nah. Lowest he would go was $10 off sticker. Glad I didn't buy it - I researched a little and not something I wanted afterall. But there is one in there I would like at the right price.

Hi all, went into Beaverton Pawn the other day to see if they had any ammunition disposal systems I might want to add to my collection. They had an almost new rifle that caught my eye. It was marked $480. It was not new but looked good. I wasn't sure if the price was ok or not so I told them I would check it out and come back. I called The Gunbroker in Tigard and they told me they had a new one for $449. So, today I go back to the Stealership in Beaverton and look at it again. This time I asked what went with the rifle. I was told that all they had was the magazine, no case or papers. I told them about the new one at The Gunbroker and that it came in a nice factory hard sided case. The clerk asked me to make them an offer so I started the negotiation with an offer of $350 cash. The clerk had to call the Hillsboro store and talk to Mr. Big. I heard them tell him that there was a new one at Gunbroker for $449. Finally, Mr. Big said $450 was his bottom line. Apparently cash doesn't talk in that store. I reminded the clerk that Mr. Big was asking new gun price for a used gun with no case or papers so why should I buy here. The clerk just shrugged and said "that's what he said'. By the way, they also had a used bare bones Remington 870 for $400. Stopped at Bi-Mart on my way home and saw one for $239! Take it for what it's worth.

I understand you can bargain, but their non-gun prices are 2x-4x what is reasonable, and their gun prices are close to full retail, so why bother. The poster who bought the $100 10/22 must be the exception to the rule.

I have bought Two pistols and One shotgun from Beaverton Pawn, I have found the staff to be be very friendly.
In my opinion they do not have much knowledge about firearms (which can work in your favor)
But they sure ask some high prices for Guns in general -$550 for a used smith&wesson m&p5 9mm hahaha

I've purchased a number of guns as well as other items from both stores. In every case, I've been pleased with the items I've received as well as the price. Admittedly, some of the firearms I've looked at have been in a condition that did not match the asking price, but if you know what you are looking at/for, some amazing deals can be had. Examples:
Mossberg 640ks in .22WMR: $80
Ruger 10/22 Stainless: $120

Pretty pleased overall.

They are a business obviously someone must be paying their prices or they wouldn't be in business. Afterall it is there business plan to make a profit.

There is a nice resturant down the street from us on Tuesday nights you can go in there and for $20.00 get two Rib Eye dinners with 12oz steaks a wonderful salad, HOT vegies and your choice of potate including a huge baker with all the trim. The steaks are tender the steaks are great tasting.

Now I can also go to Outback or some other Resturant in Salem and get a great 12oz Rib eye steak with all the fixings and one dinner will run me 17-18.00

DO I tell the Outback they can't charge what they do for that dinner? or do I just eat at the place 5 blocks from home?

If you go to DICKS or Fred Meyers I bet you will pay less for a pair of NIKE tenna shoes then you will for the same shoe at Nordstrums. Or even the NIKE STORE in the Mall

Shop where you like the prices and stop gripping.

Resource discussions are for general chit-chat. Use the buttons near the top to ask a question or write a review for this resource.