JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Looking for a little advice, I wanted to go over to Browns Camp for the 1st time but right now my only transportation is my work van which is not a lot of fun to back up for any distance on a single lane logging road to a turn out. Is the road to the quarry to narrow with steep edges for a van?

Thank you for the help and I might be new around here but I can assure you my range safety is top of the line and when I leave there is no sign I was ever there. Meaning not even one piece of brass is left.

Thank you and this is a great site!

Hey i was wondering I went to Browns camp yesterday but i was in my friends truck which is set up for 4X4 got the lifts and big tires..etc

and we went an off road trail to get to the quarry area. Is there a better way for a 2wd dodge ram?

I think we came off of the Highway and took a left and passed a staging area for ATVs/Dirt bikes. if that helps anyone for orientation

Not sure where you were, Rammer80, but you could get to the Brown's shooting area in Datsun!

Coming from Portland, take Hyw. 6 off 26 heading west. Just past the summit, on the left (south side) is a very large DOT (highways) gravel storage. Turn left just before this yard. Follow the signs to Brown's Camp until the road ends at a T. The sign says Brown's Camp to the left. GO RIGHT! The shooting quarry is about a mile up this road on the left.

Happy shooting,
Frog.

a stupid question...
how early can I go there to shoot?
people camping near the quarry?

===============================================

There is a sighn posted that details the rules at the pit, I believe it said no shooting until 1/2 hour after dusk and stop 1/2 hour before sunset. Lots of people camp nearby at Browns Camp, but nobody camps downfield of the range. Just watch out for motorcycles.

So... I went by the Beaver Dam rock quarry with Wakejoe yesterday and the place was a wreck. I am really disappointed because a few weeks ago it looked really good. If it keeps up like this they are going to close it again. Tires, TV's, Cans, Phonebook, Tons of Cardboard. If you go and use the Quarry, please take out what you take in so everyone can enjoy it

that is pretty sad to here about how it has been trashed. I was also up there a few weeks ago and it was not too bad. Took two trash bags out. But what a great place.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top